Respec for Tarrek?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Respec for Tarrek?

Post by erilar »

Jon - just curious if you ended up respec'ing. Was away for the weekend and wondering how your escapades went (in and out of BGs).

BTW, here's a clean link to your blue Savage Plate PvP set that's now available from rep vendors. (I'll be picking up my helm and pants myself tonight.) Even considering the Resilience, your current DPS gear might be better, dunno - just pointing it out.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, I respecc'ed over the weekend. I went with a very heavy arms spec - 53/5/3. Probably too heavy into Arms,but I wanted to try some of the high end abilities and find out what works for me. I'll probably settle on something closer to the "survival" build that was in that link you sent (and that Netsirk uses).

I picked up the entire savage plate set last night,even though all my tanking gear is better armor and stats. I'll probably end up with a mix of sets eventually, because the epic chest I can craft is a PvP piece, and I'll eventually be able to earn pieces with honor, but I wanted to give it a try with a real PvP set.

I also wanted new shoulders, because I don't like the look of my "turtle shell" Bold shoulders, but the savage shoulders are the same shape, but with a better color. Too bad shoulders are the piece with rating limits attached.

I did battlegrounds alot over the weekend, and picked up my trinket. I've still got about 12K honor, and am saving for a weapon, as that's really what I should upgrade next. Planning on the two-handed mace. Not sure if I should get the S1 as soon as I have the honor,or wait and get the S2 when the new arena season starts, though.

I also did 5v5 arena for points on Sunday night. Had a blast doing it. Just need to find some regular teams to do this with.

SO, things are good. Doing good on cash too, with the skygaurd and ogrila dailies, as well as cooking and fishing dailies.

Haven't done more than fly to the new zone to check it out though, and that's a whole new faction and dailies galore - but I'm not even done with
Outland quests and factions, and right now I'm having a grand old time in battlegrounds.

Howver, the patch changes to AV have made it much more difficult - no longer just a footrace, as horde seems to put up much more of a fight to letting us even get to Drek. Good fights though. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Awesome! Hope you're having fun with the new spec!

Well, admittedly, AV was too easy for Alliance - everyone knew it was just a matter of time before it got rebalanced. I'm actually happy to hear it. AV was too much like playing PvE at times. I've had entire winning matches where I never even fought Horde.

Re. your weapon, S4 is still probably a month or more away. So, if you're feeling a DPS crunch with your current beatstick, I'd recommend either getting the S1 or maybe finding a world-drop blue on the AH that would be a placeholder. I suppose if you're like me it also matters what the difference in looks is between S1 and S2. :D

As a general buying strategy, I'd recommend using honor to buy your belt, boots, and bracers, and using arena points to buy your 5-piece set.

Weapons are a toss-up, but even though the best ones are always arena, it can take literally months to save for a weapon. Also, when S4 launches note that Blizz has said that S3 weapons will retain a rating requirement (lowered to 1800ish), so there will no longer be weapons available via arena with no rating.

Sucks for me, as I've been saving up for my ranged weapon. If I can't get enough points before S4 starts, then there will no longer be a ranged weapon available without rating. If I wait till S4 so I can get a bow instead of a xbow, then I'm running the risk of having the points, but us not being able to achieve the rating - bleh! :(

Last night was a good night for me though. Those two new rare PvP pieces pushed me over 200 Resil, and the change was very noticable in arena - my survivability was much better. Then we went 7&3 and finally broke 1500 rating - yayz!

We also ended up killing Kael'thas and clearing the new 5-man Magister's Terrace (normal mode) too, but I was making so many dumb mistakes in there that I think I was annoying the guys. Guess I'm way outta practice for PvE.

Hope we can get some BGs in this weekend!! I'm working towards my S3 boots, and need about 7k honor and 20 EotS badges to do so. Want to hurry up and get them before S4 starts so they match my S3 gloves.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:I suppose if you're like me it also matters what the difference in looks is between S1 and S2. :D
Unfortunately, they look the same. They're the ones that look like a spiky horse-chestnut pod on a stick.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:Hope we can get some BGs in this weekend!! I'm working towards my S3 boots, and need about 7k honor and 20 EotS badges to do so. Want to hurry up and get them before S4 starts so they match my S3 gloves.
Yeah, some BGs would be great. And, Nets was planning on some EotS premades Sunday night, so hopefully we can get you those badges.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote: Yeah, some BGs would be great. And, Nets was planning on some EotS premades Sunday night, so hopefully we can get you those badges.
Excellent!