3v3 stompage and BGs this week

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

3v3 stompage and BGs this week

Post by erilar »

Mike was traveling for business and Eloi never showed up last night, so Bruenorr and Cyntaric and I did our week's matches in our 3v3 team.

We went 8&2 last night and slaughtered our way up 90 points to end higher-rated than our 5v5 team - w00t! We even should have won the last match, but we got screwed by some funky healing LOS problem and I died. I could see Bru, so I have no idea why the heals wouldn't go off. Fun night!

I was working to try to fix my Steady Shot macro before, and get pretty focused when doing our arenas, so I hope I didn't seem rude when we were trying to text chat last night. Just trying to do too much at once.

I hope to get some BGs in with you soon, Jon! I'm conscripted into going to this high school musical tonight (Heth is taking the old fogies for work). I'll probably get home about 10pm and intend to jump on and *at least* get my daily BG done.

This weekend's bonus honor BG is EotS, so I really want to hit that hard, as those are the badges I need for my S3 boots. I know you're working on Sat, but I'd really like to spend Sun night in there if you're hip.

(Also, I'm considering trying to play paintball for a few hours at Alpha on Sunday if they're open to walk-ons this weekend. You interested?)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Grats on doing so well with your arena guys - great fun I'm sure, and it's nice to see the effort paying off.

No worries, I didn't think you were avoiding me at all.

yeah, I'm having a great time with the battlegrounds, so it'll be cool to do some more together.

I've only gotten to do arena twice, so I'm not having much luck there, but hopefully that'll change in the new season, as perhaps there will be opportunity for new teams to form.

I emailed you about paintball, which I can't make this sunday, as that's when I see Max this week.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Well, maybe we can get a pally to heal for us and start a 3v3 team or something?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Fun last night, Jon - even if Alliance was getting our butts kicked.

You know, I realized later that one thing we need to work on is staying together in the same place. I guess we get separated when we get killed, and lose track of each other, but I bet we'd do better if we fought together since it's easier for us to coordinate via Vent.

Hopefully, I'll be done with my EotS badges soon and then we can do some BGs that other people actually like! :D It will be awesome to get Bruenorr in with us, for instance. With some good healing, the three of us could really do some major damage.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yes, much fun last night. Even with the chaos and destruction being rained down upon us.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jon, you were right about 4-capping in EotS. It just earns you points faster (5 times faster than 2 towers, for instance.) I guess every time I've seen a 4-cap, the game ended almost instantly, but it was just coincidental.

I was also wrong about flag caps. For instance, a flag cap with 2 towers is worth 85 points, while with one tower owned is still 75 points. A 3-tower flag cap is only 100 by comparison. So, a flag cap is always worthwhile. Truly, I'm such a noob (and definitely have no business leading the BG!) I guess I'm unfortunately the typical Alliance PvP'er (i.e. a clueless idiot), lol. :D

See this guide on TenTonHammer for charts on how the points accumulate. Was written last July, but I assume nothing major has changed.

Per their info, holding 3 towers is slightly more points than holding 2 and capping once per minute (which is a pretty optimistic speed). So, 3 towers next time it is!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, capping the flag that often is almost impossible, IMHO. And, if we hold three, then they can even cap pretty regularly (with some harrassment by our side) and we still come out ahead.