WoW Roll Call

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

WoW Roll Call

Post by NukeHavoc »

Who's playing WoW these days, and what do you think the chances are you'll keep playing WoW for the next six months? I've been having the itch to get back into it, but I don't want to sign up if everyone else leaves next week. :)

Also, what's needed at this point? I have the base WoW software. Would I need to get both expansions to adventure with you guys?

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Re: WoW Roll Call

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Ugh! No Ken! You can't fall too! I've been resisting the urge for some time, if you fall there's no hope for me.

:P
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Join us! Together we can end this destructive division and bring order to the group!!

I'll let Lance address the technical details. I have purchased all three sets (WoW, BC and WotLK). I don't know if you can skip BC and just purchase WotLK. If you do, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to actually access any of the BC content, but I may be incorrect about that.

I will continue to play for at least the next 6 months, and my secondary toon, Danduin, is a lvl 36 or 37 mage. I also have Duklar, dwarven priest, who is in his teens. I forget who your characters were, Ken, but I believe they were around those levels, so we'll be good to go as soon as you join us.

It is ... your Destiny ......
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Aww man, if I play I have to start from scratch. Highest level character I had was a level 40 Orc. :-/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Aww man, if I play I have to start from scratch. Highest level character I had was a level 40 Orc. :-/
IIRC, they hold on to your old characters in case you come back, but I don't know how long they retain that stuff for.

I think my main guy was something like 30th level.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Oh he's most likely saved, but you guys play alliance, so I have to start from level 1 (or maybe a bit higher, I might have an alliance character or two at other levels.)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Oh he's most likely saved, but you guys play alliance, so I have to start from level 1 (or maybe a bit higher, I might have an alliance character or two at other levels.)
Oh, ok. I've got a horde guy too, though he's much lower level (maybe 15-20?)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

My Blood Elf Mage is now Lvl 37 Cory... 8)

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'm still playing, and probably will be for a while. I only have one character, though, who is level 80.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Blizzard retains all characters, items, gold, and bank contents indefinitely. Anything you had when you quit will still be there.

Ken, you won't need to do anything but reactivate your account. Be sure to let one of the current players send you a Scroll of Resurrection email - it nets them a free month of play. (It's Bob's turn for that IIRC.)

The only reason you might want to buy Burning Crusade at low level would be if you wanted to roll up a Draenei (aka Space Goat, Alliance) or Blood Elf (Horde). (And if you roll a dirty Blelf we'll heckle you mercilessly and corpse camp you at every opportunity.) The other thing the expansion offers is the Jewelcrafting profession (make magic jewelry and gems to augment/customize "socketed" armor and weapons). Wrath of the Lich King doesn't have any new races, but adds the Inscription profession (each character can permanently inscribe 6 of their powers/spells/skills, thereby augmenting them in some way).

Most of our characters are all Alliance toons on the Thunderhorn server. (Ken's old human mage is there.)

We have two lvl tiers of characters now. Jon, Bob, and I have reached the lvl 80 cap (or close to it) with our mains. Zack and I are also leveling up chars together, and those guys are lvl 35 right now. (I think Damon has an Alliance toon somewhere around this level too?) We play a lot with my high school buddy Mike and his son Rees, who also have chars that level.

When playing the low-level (mid-30's) chars, it's usually Sun late afternoon/evening or weekday early evenings (before 9pm). If playing Erilar, it's usually later in the evening on weekdays.

I personally don't see quitting any time soon. This has been a great bonding experience for Zack and I, and I still have three whole zones to tackle with Erilar (not to mention Heroic dungeons and new Argent Tournament content in the upcoming 3.1 patch).

Remember too that even if we're not specifically questing together, we can chat the whole time we're playing over Ventrilo.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I need to talk with Sue about it. I might drop Netflix down to a single disc a month to be able to afford it.

ken
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

So at a bare minimum ... if I install and patch the core WoW, can I adventure in the places I had been adventuring in without the expansions? I'd still likely get an expansion at some point, but you know how the budget goes...
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yes, Ken. If you install and patch the base game, you can adventure throughout the two original continents without a problem. And, you can add the BC expansion when you are ready for that without the latest, and you can add that eventually when you are ready for it.

My Dad is still playing, and right now he just has the base game and the first expansion, he hasn't upgraded to WotLK yet, and he has no problems gaming or interacting with others - he just can't access the new stuff.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Ken,

if you get the 1st expansion, you totally want to roll up a Blood Elf paladin. It's totally awesome. I promise!

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Ken,

if you get the 1st expansion, you totally want to roll up a Blood Elf paladin. It's totally awesome. I promise!

Damon.
And by "roll up" he means "slay on sight!" :twisted: