FYI on Ken's WoW ETA

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

FYI on Ken's WoW ETA

Post by NukeHavoc »

Just wanted to let you know that I *will* be on WoW in the near future, but likely not until next week. Three freelance assignments collided this week, and coupled with the 4E adventure and, well, life, things have been a bit too hectic for any heavy WoW.

I have been trying to get on here and there though, and I've certainly been having a good with it. It's funny picking up right where I left off three years ago ... right down to the location I was adventuring it. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Re: FYI on Ken's WoW ETA

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Awesome! I should be able to catch up in a week so I can adventure with you. I'm almost done with the Exodar quests, so I'll have to move onto a new area. Where are you adventuring so I can plan appropriately?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Zil is in Stranglethorn Vale.

I did that zone TO DEATH with Peric. I was literally there for about 13 levels. I never ever want to go back. :)

I've been good about not going to STV with Danduin. I really want to try the equivalent-i-lvl Elven or Dwarven areas. I will, however, venture back into STV if Ken really wants to stay there. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

Zack and I went the dwarven route: Loch Modan, Hillsbrad Foothills, Arathi Basin, Alterac Mountains. Sooo much better than Stranglethorn. A toothache is better than Stranglethorn. :D

FYI, Zack and I are probably headed to Badlands next week (south of Loch Modan). We want to start gathering the quests for the Uldaman instance.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Zack and I went the dwarven route: Loch Modan, Hillsbrad Foothills, Arathi Basin, Alterac Mountains. Sooo much better than Stranglethorn. A toothache is better than Stranglethorn. :D
Hmmm. I can't remember why I'm doing Stranglethorn instead of the elven stuff; might have had something to do with the proximity of Stormwind and the Tower of Wizardry, but I can't remember. :)

I'm happy to do the elven stuff instead; we had a lot of fun with that. I'll probably leave the dwarven stuff for Delven.

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I don't know what you guys have against STV - I really enjoyed adventuring there. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ken, when you have time to start questing with Zil, let me know. Danduin is right around the same lvl and is in Stormwind so we can zip over to the elven lands or stay in STV. Having two people working on quests at a time makes completing them much faster and easier.

Last night I was questing with Cory. He had gotten a few lvls ahead of me so we spend a few hrs catching me up. I literally turned in 11 quests and went up 2 lvls by the end of the night. Now Cory's only 1 lvl higher than me. :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:I don't know what you guys have against STV - I really enjoyed adventuring there. :)
I really enjoyed it too ... for about 5 lvls. The other 7 or 8 lvls were a bit of a grind. :(
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I also agree about STV. It seems like WoW has a big preponderance of either jungle/swamp zones, or desert/drylands. It's always a relief to adventure in woodlands.

BTW, the 2 main Blood Elf lands (Thalassia and Tranquillien) are pretty cool... :)

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I also agree about STV. It seems like WoW has a big preponderance of either jungle/swamp zones, or desert/drylands. It's always a relief to adventure in woodlands.

BTW, the 2 main Blood Elf lands (Thalassia and Tranquillien) are pretty cool... :)

Damon.
I will agree with you on that, Damon. I really do think the two Blelf starting areas are very cool. I especially like how the second zones evokes an otherworldly creepiness that is different than just about any other zone in the game.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote:I don't know what you guys have against STV - I really enjoyed adventuring there. :)
The quests were cool and the zone very pretty. It just seemed like it was 300 miles long and 2 miles wide, and the quests were at one end and the turn-ins at the other. Pre-mount, places like this SUUUUUCK!! :D
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I need a mount, but I can't get one for another 9.25 levels. I do however have 30 gold saved for a mount! Banker FTW!
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Duirric got his mount last nite...

He also leveled to 40...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

Congrats, Damon!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, grats Damon, 1/2 way there! Enjoy the second half of the journey! Lots of fun stuff ahead...