Instances?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Re: Instances?

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:Heh. Well, I only have the one pet and was only vaguely aware that there are different kinds/roles for said pets. Damn, I guess this means I'm going to have to do some research...
Petopia - the awesomeness for hunter pet info
http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

Basically, though:
* Tenacity pets (ex bears, turtles) - best at tanking
* Cunning pets (ex wolves, spiders) - middle of road
* Ferocity pets (ex cats, raptors) - highest DPS (damage per sec)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:If the normal crew of Duklar, Delven and Kineska are available tonight and Damon brings his 27 'lock, we could goof around in Deadmines tonight. Deadmines isn't super difficult and we don't have to be on our A game. With Kineska and Fenris (Delven's pet) to tank, Delven and the 'lock to blast 'em and Duklar to heal we should do juuuuuuusst fine. :)

We don't even need to get all of the quests and stuff first. We just have to meet up in Westfall and start out.

I'll be on as someone so just grab me and I'll be ready to go. :)
Cool! I'll try to log on as Feyla then for some kitty DPS too!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Ok, works for me (assuming this cold medicine doesn't kick my ass...)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

How did the Stockades PUG go, Damon?

(PUG = "pick-up group", i.e. playing with folks you don't know)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Well, it wasn't a PUG since it was Bob and Cory who joined in... :D

We won but there were quite a few hairy areas, and at least 2 TPKs (and one more "very close to it")...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yeah, we ran it with 3. We did okay but we got swarmed a few times. And the last boss's fear effect really screwed me. I got run into 4 baddies that we didn't clear out first and they just pounded me. :)

There are a few quests that we still have to do down there. There's one to kill a dark iron dwarf (I think you pick that up in IF) and a few other bosses that are tied to quests. So we can gather quests and run it again for more practice. I think if we bring in Ken and Lance we'll run through it with no problems.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, you guys aren't exceptionally higher than that lnstance as far as level goes, so running it with less than 5 is not reccommended.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

As long I was holding agro we were fine, but a few times the mobs switched targets (seemed to be a power of some sort), thats when we got in trouble. Well, that and pulling too many enemies at once. Good times, and good practice for tougher instances.

Maybe we can run it again later in the week with Ken and Lance?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'll probably be available Tuesday and Thursday.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Tuesday should work for me. I have another game review to do this week, but I don't expect my review copy to show up until Tuesday or Wednesday, and I probably won't start playing it until Wednesday.

I'm certainly up for Stockades.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Gah - just learned that I'm heading to Cleveland for Tue and Wed evening - driving there tomorrow aft with Roman (groan). Will try to make it if I can, but who the heck knows??

I *think* my work laptop will be OK in an old instance like Stocks.

FYI, I won't be leveling Feyla to keep up with you guys, so she'll stay 24-25. I have more than enough stuff to keep busy with Furry and Eri. You guys will catch up to Furilar & Zug before long though.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Two notes:
1) I should be home around 8 to run Stockades with you guys.
2) The quest for the Dark Dwarf is a chain from Dun Modr.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'll probably be on at 8:30. I may have to run out and buy a new thermos for Jordan (long story).
erilar

Post by erilar »

I will try to make it if I can. We're leaving before lunch, and it's about a 7 hr drive. So, depending on when we eat dinner, I may be able to attend. (This is assuming, of course, that I'm not being pursued by the authorities after strangling Roman with his seatbelt and leaving him for the turkey buzzards on the shoulder of I-80.)

Note that there's a small patch today if I read correctly.

Tell Jordie that she has to pour the liquid nitrogen in slowly! :D
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

erilar wrote:I will try to make it if I can. We're leaving before lunch, and it's about a 7 hr drive. So, depending on when we eat dinner, I may be able to attend. (This is assuming, of course, that I'm not being pursued by the authorities after strangling Roman with his seatbelt and leaving him for the turkey buzzards on the shoulder of I-80.)

Note that there's a small patch today if I read correctly.

Tell Jordie that she has to pour the liquid nitrogen in slowly! :D
All this makes me happy as I feel the comfort of not being the only one having these thoughts.
The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.