Instances?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
EvilGenius

Instances?

Post by EvilGenius »

Lance had mentioned in another thread that he is interested in running through a level appropriate dungeon as a group sometime. That sounds like a cool idea to me, so let's start planning.

Which dungeon?
Which characters?
When can we all be available?

Tonight we should probably all update our character lists and levels to help with planning.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Instances?

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'll start as I've got the lowest level character:

Kineska level 26 Paladin.

I'm really hoping to get up to 30 by the weekend. I know I'm pretty low compared to a lot of the mid range characters, so if I have to sit this one out I'm cool with that. I'll be caught up soon enough :D
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I have a lot of instances in my quest queue. Uldaman, Shadow Monastery, Maraudon, Zul'Farrak, etc. If anyone is interested, I'll check later tonite and see what I have and post on it...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

My lowest is Delven (24). My high level character is Zil (37).

I think most of us have characters in the 24-28 range, so what fits?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Guys, this sounds like a great plan. Running an instance with friends can be a great experience - much fun and often exciting challenges. Definitely make time to try a few of them out together.

I, unfortunately, can't take part, as I don't have a lower level character to join you. But, as you progress, hopefully I'll be able to join you in some of the higher-level instances.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

And, I know running instances gets into some of the aspects of the game (notably character roles like tank, dps, healing based upon class abilities) that some of you dislike. But, please give it a try, as I find it can be a very rewarding time.

Just my two cents...
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Damon, Zack and I are currently running Uldaman. We'll be running it again Sunday early evening (6:30-7pm?) but might have a full group. Sometimes my friend Bill (Cyntaric/Constin) can't make it, so I'll let you know if we have an opening.

The other thing we could do re Damon's pally is maybe go into Scarlet Monastery or a slightly lower-level instance with the late-30s to mid-40s characters if we don't have a full group of 5.

Re the late-20s characters, maybe doing a lower-level dungeon (Deadmines?) to start would be the easiest? That way, each player can practice their specific role without worrying about getting mauled and spending the whole session running back from the graveyard. It also allows us to run something if we don't have a full group of 5.

As Jon said, instances are trickier from a role aspect and also a logistical one. For a level-appropriate dungeon, you will NEED to have a full party of 5, and NEED to cover all three roles - a tank, a healer, & ideally 3 damage-dealers (aka DPS).

Do you guys have all those roles covered with your 20-somethings?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Cory has a pally, right? That char could heal, tank, or DPS. They will be strongest at the role their talents specialize in (Protection = tank, Retribution = dps, Holy = healing).

What are Damon and Bob's lvl 20s?

Ken's hunter is DPS. A hunter's Tenacity pet can potentially tank a 5-man instance, but this is more advanced stuff.

I can also bring my lvl 25 druid (or lvl 41 druid). They are both Feral spec, making them best at tanking or DPS, but they can heal in a pinch.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Heh. Well, I only have the one pet and was only vaguely aware that there are different kinds/roles for said pets. Damn, I guess this means I'm going to have to do some research...

Doing Deadmines again seems like a decent starting point for the 20-somethings, though I suppose that means I need to fly down to Westfall and get the necessary quests right?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

My 20s character is a priest (mixed spec).
My 40s character is a mage (frost).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:What are Damon and Bob's lvl 20s?
Bob's got Duklar (Cleric, err, Priest 24). I'm not sure where Damon is; it's been mostly Bob, Cory and I in the Wetlands.

ken
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:And, I know running instances gets into some of the aspects of the game (notably character roles like tank, dps, healing based upon class abilities) that some of you dislike. But, please give it a try, as I find it can be a very rewarding time.
I like it just fine, I just don't really grok it, you know? So I think doing something like Deadmines where we (or at least I) can get our feet wet sounds to be a good idea to me.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

27 Warlock.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

If the normal crew of Duklar, Delven and Kineska are available tonight and Damon brings his 27 'lock, we could goof around in Deadmines tonight. Deadmines isn't super difficult and we don't have to be on our A game. With Kineska and Fenris (Delven's pet) to tank, Delven and the 'lock to blast 'em and Duklar to heal we should do juuuuuuusst fine. :)

We don't even need to get all of the quests and stuff first. We just have to meet up in Westfall and start out.

I'll be on as someone so just grab me and I'll be ready to go. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Kineska is a Tank, full protection. I've had a lot of practice keeping the dwarves alive ;)