Sooo Tired .....

The former Blackrazor addiction.
EvilGenius

Sooo Tired .....

Post by EvilGenius »

I was talking to Ken and Corey last week about WoW. I'm seriously considering dropping my account.

Now that I've hit 60, and been most places on the map, it's seriously lost some of the magic. And my guild isn't too organized, so it's not like i have a reliable group to do endgame instances with.

And even when we can do stuff, I'm just not finding that the constant combat instances are holding my interest.

So I'm not dropping just yet, but I'm planning on doing so soon.

Maybe I'll sell my acct on eBay. :)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Also keep in mind that we could always run lower level stuff too. I dunno what you need for a guild, but it's possible if we have enough people to form our own. Just an option.

I think I would play more, BTW, if we did more stuff with the group. As it is, I haven't played in about a month, and this is directly related to the fact we haven't been playing as a group (I have a blast playing with you guys...).

Damon.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Well, I feel this way, too. But our real world schedules aren't always that compatible (see WarRoom threads). :)

And there have been plenty of times when I'm on at the same time as Lance and Jon, but they're busy doing guild runs with their 60 characters (no offense guys).

I don't know if consistant scheduling is possible or realistic enough to keep paying the monthly fee.
Lars Porsenna wrote:Also keep in mind that we could always run lower level stuff too. I dunno what you need for a guild, but it's possible if we have enough people to form our own. Just an option.

I think I would play more, BTW, if we did more stuff with the group. As it is, I haven't played in about a month, and this is directly related to the fact we haven't been playing as a group (I have a blast playing with you guys...).

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote: And there have been plenty of times when I'm on at the same time as Lance and Jon, but they're busy doing guild runs with their 60 characters (no offense guys).
I'm in a bit of a soul-searching mode regarding WoW as well. I'm getting a little jaded about the whole raiding thing. I like it, but it can get a little repetitive. That said, I'd like to keep up my lvl 60 activity bacause I'd like to experience the content in the upcoming expansion pack. Thing is, that's not coming out until end of Oct anyways. Not sure if I'll be happy doing what I'm doing until then.

The raiding thing is getting a little crappy. We have too many hunters, and I'm getting sick of getting bumped from raids, yadda yadda. I'm sure Jon feels the same way regarding bumps.

Don't know what the answer is, but I am a but discontented. I've got a lot of time in on this character, and want to still feel like I'm having fun.

Note that there are other guilds out there. If you're going to continue to be available weekday evenings, there are definitely other guilds to try, and I'd have recommendations. Not all are hard-core raiding guilds, even less-hardcore than the "softcore" Twilight Alliance. That's one of the things that I'm considering.

Are you guys available to play weekday evenings? I'm a little fuzzy on everyone's schedule.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm available to play *some* weekday evenings, for about the next 3 weeks, then not for about the next year. :)
erilar wrote:Are you guys available to play weekday evenings? I'm a little fuzzy on everyone's schedule.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I can always play some weeknite evenings. My availablilty will actually go up when the new shifts here start...

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

While I too am bowing out, I still have my account for a few more weeks, so I can probably do something next week (this one is just too packed).
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Cool - that would be very fun, and a good sendoff for Ken! Let's plan ahead and figure out what night, and then I'll be sure not to sign up for a raid that night.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jon and I are both no longer in Twilight Alliance. Personal stuff between one of the officers and us came to a head, and long story short, screw them we're out of there.

So, this means a much more flexible playing time on my part. I'm sure I'll still want to play my 60 occasionally, but there won't be all these scheduled raids all the time.

I'd very much welcome playing with you guys. I had a blast when we did, and I think this change is a very good thing for this reason. I mean, I was the one who got you interested in the 1st place, but I was always busy raiding. Not so cool of me... :(

So, no more militant schedule. I'd love to dust off my lower level characters. What level are your chars now?

I think my warrior is 25, and my druid is 23. I've also got a 14ish warlock and a lvl 8 mage.

Horde side (what server were we on, Windrunner?) I have that tauren shaman, but can't remember his level. I hadn't leveled him since those times we tried RFC anyways.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Durric just hit Lvl 29 last nite. My Warlock is 23 and my Hunter is IIRC 12.

Windrunner I don't remember.

BTW, I got booted from my guild, so if we wanted to form our own...

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Why'd you get booted??

Yes, let's do, at least until we can find a larger, casual guild to join. I'll buy the charter tonight, but we'll also need 10 signatures. :)

Twilight Alliance was bittersweet. I loved doing the endgame raiding stuff, but they wanted a little more time-wise than I could comfortably give, which was tough on Heather, and which also precluded me from hanging with you guys. In retrospect, it was shitty of me, but it takes something like this to snap one out of a rut I suppose. It was fun, but irresponsible to spend so much time on one pursuit I guess.

Anyway, I do think that we should look for a larger, family-style guild to join. Casual with no demands, but will give us a pool of other people to play with when Blackrazors aren't on, and also people to fill out instances when we want to do that.

I know some folks from Revolutions, and they seem like nice folks. Casual, and easy going. They even have a sister guild called Dragons of New Avalon (DoNA for short) that seems to take in the people who are ready to start doing raiding at 60. I may talk to them regarding a home for Erilar (and Tarrek, if he's interested). Anyway, Rev is nice and casual, and may suit us well.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Sorry to hear you're out of TA. Immature personal stuff seems to go hand in hand with guilds, in my short experience. :)

I'm up for lower level stuff. My mage Danduin is 23 or 24. I also have a lvl 6 human rogue and lvl 5 dwarven priest on Thunderhorn.

On Windrunner I've got a lvl 5 or 6 Tauren Druid and lv 5 Tauren Shamen.

Amy's computer is in need of some maintanence so I can't even get into WoW right now. We'll have that worked out this week, though (I think). So maybe next week before my shift changes I'll be able to get together with you guys. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Sorry to hear you're out of TA. Immature personal stuff seems to go hand in hand with guilds, in my short experience. :)
It seems like this happens to every group eventually (I read the Ditlog entry) and seems particularly prone with online groups, where the lack of nuances inflames already bad situations.

Anyway, I'm up for it. I can swing Tuesday or Thursday night, say around 8-8:30 (once Jordan is in bed).
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I just read the ditlog entry too and I'm highly annoyed (at them, not you). Kicking someone out of a guild for something like that is foolish and immature. Jon, you're better off without them (as I'm sure you know).

Lance, isn't Gorion your RL friend Mike? And isn't he a senior officer or whatever? What's he have to say about this? Is that how he wants his guild to be run?
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:
EvilGenius wrote: It seems like this happens to every group eventually (I read the Ditlog entry) and seems particularly prone with online groups, where the lack of nuances inflames already bad situations.
Nah, that's not it in this case. Arv is a dickhead even on voice communication, perhaps even more since you can hear the tone of his voice, lol!