Alt Characters

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

Alt Characters

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm thinking of starting a new alt character so I stop sprinting ahead of you guys. Is there anything we need, profession/craftwise?

Right now I have a level 10 (or maybe 11) dwarven hunter, so I may just keep him and switch professions around.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I've got:

Alliance on Thunderhorn:
Tarrek -- 60 human warrior -- 300 armorsmithing/300 mining
Quendaran -- 33 night elf priest -- 225 tailoring/225 enchanter
Raffel -- 8 dwarven rogue -- ~100 skinning/~100 leatherworking

Horde on Windrunner:
Kvasir -- 16 Tauren Druid -- ~125 skinning/~125 leatherworking
Last edited by Jonkga on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Erilar 60 Hunter, 300 Engineer/300 Skinner
Urabus 27 Warrior, ~115 skinner/~115 mining
Feyla 23 Druid, ~100 skinning/1 herbalism (just dropped leatherworking)
Mirabella 14 Warlock, enchanting/tailoring
Axxion 8 mage, herbalism/skinning

I'd say that the crafting professions that we have covered solidly are:
eng - erilar (and Durrik, I think?)
smithing - tarrek and Peric
tailoring - Quen
herbalism - Zil and Feyla
enchanting - Quen and Danduin.
Skinning - Erilar, Urabus, and Jon's new alt
alchemy - Zil

We're a little weak in leatherworking, I'd say, although Jon's new alt is one.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have dropped Feyla's leatherworking, but I did so before we started playing together again - I didn't know she'd be supporting anyone else.

My Horde Shaman char on Windrunner is a skinner/leatherworker
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

My present alt is Delven (Dwarf 12 Hunter).

I'm still low-level, so I can easily switch to leatherworking/skinning.

How do I drop a profession?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

You go to the Skills window by hitting [K]. There should be a "red circle with a slash through it" button beside your profession's skill entry. Clicking on that will drop your profession (after a confirmation prompt).

Don't feel pressured to switch if you are happy with your current professions. I'm also considering picking Leatherworking back up with Feyla, and twinking her skill back up with leather from Urabus and Erilar. Unfortunately, I had JUST dropped it before we started playing together again. She has an Herbalism skill of 1. :(

I wonder if I petitioned a GM if they could reinstate her leatherworking ranks??
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Don't feel pressured to switch if you are happy with your current professions.
The only advantage to my current professions is that it allows me to create stuff that's useful for a hunter (e.g. guns and bullets). That said, I can buy all that stuff, and if I'm going to grind for metal, having skinning would be useful to exploit all those poor little animals (err, horrible monsters) that I'll be killing.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Erilar can also make you whatever guns and bullets you need if you do decide to switch, so no sweat there. Almost all of the other gadgets that engineers make are engineer-only unfortunately.