Current Interface Mods?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

Current Interface Mods?

Post by NukeHavoc »

It's been a long time since we talked about this -- what Mods are you presently using for WoW? The only one I have current is Gatherer, but I know there must be others out there that would prove useful.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm not sure you want me to answer this question... I use a lot.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

OK - here's the big ones. Pick what interests you and try them.

The good thing about addons is that uninstall is easy. If you delete the folder the addon lives in, it's uninstalled.

Indispensible
Range Color - tints the whole icon of an ability's icon to show that you're out of range (red), or have insufficient mana to use that ability (blue).
Telo's Self Cast - Hold down Alt and click on an ability and you perform that ability on yourself without losing your current target
QuestLevels - adds the numerical difficulty level of each quest to your quest window
Quick Loot - puts the loot window right under your cursor when you loot the mob
Scrolling Combat Text - Things that happen to you appear over your head. "Poisoned" "Overpower now!" "Stunned" etc. Super mega useful.

Very Helpful
Atlas - maps of the instances
Fishing Buddy - helps with all things fishing
Map Coords - lets you see the X and Y coordinates of where you and your curser are on a map. Helps in finding things, etc.

Useful but Situational
Item Rack - lets you build "wardrobes" and switch between them with the click of an icon. Ex) Urabus has a set of gear for tanking (sword and shield) and one for dps/soloing (big 2H axe)
Spell Alert - tells you the name of the spell that a mob is casting (think 20 ranks in spellcraft)
AutoShoutOut - your character will automatically announce that he's out of mana, low on health, etc. Think "Wizard needs food badly!"
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Lance's list is much like mine. I find Range Color indespensible, and I have some of the other one's he mentioned, but I dont use all of them.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Lance's list is much like mine. I find Range Color indespensible, and I have some of the other one's he mentioned, but I dont use all of them.
I started using RangeColor again last night, and I'd forgotten how useful it was. Much, much better than the standard UI.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange