From Traffic Cop to Mafia Enforcer

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

From Traffic Cop to Mafia Enforcer

Post by erilar »

I've been talking with Gorius (Mike) and Jon about talent specs for Urabus. I've been going back and forth about whether to do a damage or tanking spec while levelling.

In the end, I took Mike's advice and went with a Mortal Strike (dps with a big-ass slow axe) spec. Here's what I chose.

So, from now on, the queues for when I have aggro will be a bit more nebulous. I'll simply be holding aggro by beating the snot out of the mobs (at least that's the theory). So, instead of waiting for a few Sunders, we'll simply give me time to swat them a few times before everyone attacks. Sunders may still be part of the equation - I'll need to experiment.

The basic approach here is that it's much faster to level with a damage-specced warrior. When I have to solo, it takes forever to kill anything as a protection-spec tank.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

ok, sounds like something we definitely need to work on next time we're adventuring. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Remember Lance, Tarrek spent a good deal of time as an MS warrior prior to switching to prot. So, I'll help where I can as far as input. Also, remember that you can still use most of your aggro generating moves without the talents spent there - talents just improve most of them, they dont give you the abilities. And, MS works with a one-hander as well, so for boss fights, etc., you can still go sword and board and not real lose effectiveness as a MS warrior or as a tank.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Cool! I'm really looking forward to learning a new way to tank. And, good to know that I can still sword and board decently. Gorius had said the same thing. Stick with your axe unless it looks like you're getting overwhelmed and there's too much pressure on the healers. When that happens, break out the shield.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

btw, I just got potions of rage -- haven't found the components yet, but I can make them.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Mmmmmmmmm, ragey...
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Bob and I are online and playing our dwarven alts, Duklar and Delvin. Join us when you can (we can switch to our 20/30 somethings if more join).