5/2: Tuesday Warcraft

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

5/2: Tuesday Warcraft

Post by NukeHavoc »

Who's up for Warcraft tomorrow night?

And what do you guys want to do? I suggest concentrating on continuing to level up Lance and Bob's characters.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Sorry, I'll be out until after midnight. :)

However, after everyone logged last night, i did hit 29. I'm about 1/5 into 29. And I spent some time running around to pick up flight paths and such. Currently I'm in Booty Bay (STV). I think tonight I'll take the boat over to Ratchet and head west-ish. I have a quest in the StoneTalon Mountains ....
erilar

Post by erilar »

At this point, everyone except Jon is pretty much together. I think we're ranging from 29-32, which is managable.

As long as you guys don't play your 30's guys when we're not grouping for just a little longer, we'll get caught up. Bob's caught up to me, and I didn't make much headway last week because I was ironing all the bugs out of the Death Star. (My new, more applicable moniker for the new rig. I think it fits the look of the case better, and was inspired by Ken's "technological terror" comment on Ditlog. I'm going to try to find a big, black Imperial symbol sticker or two to finish the SW nod.)

Jon won't be playing with us for a few more weeks, barring weekends, so it should all work out.

As for where to adventure, I humbly suggest that we move on to Stranglethorn Vale (south from Duskwood) when grouping. I have never ever quested there, and it is one of the very few zones that holds honest-to-goodness fresh content for me.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

And, to second Lance's idea, I have never done any of the actual quests in STV, either, so it'd be new for Quendaran, when he can join you, also. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:And, to second Lance's idea, I have never done any of the actual quests in STV, either, so it'd be new for Quendaran, when he can join you, also. :)
ok, sounds like a plan
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

So, what time are we meeting? I can start whenever.

I suggest that we meet on the bridge at the border of Duskwood and STV. One gets there by taking the road west from Darkshire, and then hanging a left at the fork in the road (roughly mid-zone) and heading south.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:So, what time are we meeting? I can start whenever. I suggest that we meet on the bridge at the border of Duskwood and STV. One gets there by taking the road west from Darkshire, and then hanging a left at the fork in the road (roughly mid-zone) and heading south.
Probably about 8:30 for me; we need to move some stuff around in the baby's room, and I need to get some boxes up from the basement.

Ken
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I can start anytime.

I would need the quests for STV since Durric is concentrating on the "dwarven" path. That being said, I already have my pirate parrot...

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I can start anytime. I would need the quests for STV since Durric is concentrating on the "dwarven" path. That being said, I already have my pirate parrot...
I don't have any STV quests right now.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

There are seriously about 100 quests in STV. I stayed there extensively with Peric (on and off for about 12 levels) and I didn't even do them all.

All in all, STV is pretty cool. After a while I found it to be a real pain to adventure in because it's so frickin big. running from one end to the other takes a while. And until you're about 50th level, there are definitly mobs there who can kick your ass, and they swarm in a lot of areas, so it's not a great place to solo.

BUT, the quests are interesting, the scenery is nice and there's a TON of metal around (not sure about herbs, but I think so). There's also GREAT gear for hunters/druids that you pick up as quest rewards.

We could literally quest there for about 6 months.
erilar

Post by erilar »

I don't have any STV quests yet either Damon.

I should have been clearer earlier. I wanted to meet at the bridge so that we could travel south through the jungle to Booty Bay in numbers, thereby not getting eaten quite as easily. Once there, we will want to pick up the flight path too (so we can get out of BB safely/easily to anywhere we want to solo).

I believe most of the quest starters will be in BB - is that right, BoB?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:I don't have any STV quests yet either Damon.

I should have been clearer earlier. I wanted to meet at the bridge so that we could travel south through the jungle to Booty Bay in numbers, thereby not getting eaten quite as easily. Once there, we will want to pick up the flight path too (so we can get out of BB safely/easily to anywhere we want to solo).

ah, ok. Cool! Sounds like fun!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

fyi -- there's a new patch today, so be sure to make time to download it before logging on.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

While there are many many quests in Booty Bay proper, you don't need to go that far to start exploring STV. At the very top of the zone, before you actually enter the jungle, follow the path west and find the rebel camp. You can pick up your lowest level STV quests there.

:)
erilar wrote:I don't have any STV quests yet either Damon.

Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I actually already have the flight path, thanks... :)

If you think that's impressive, my Lvl23 Warlock managed to get the flight path too!

Damon.