5/23: Warcraft

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

5/23: Warcraft

Post by NukeHavoc »

Who's in? I should be on around 8/8:30, depending on when Jordan goes to sleep (though the last two nights she fought us like crazy, so if I don't show, that's why.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm going to try to be there. Travelling this week, so there's a little uncertainty, but should be good for 8:30 your time.

Damon, are you in?

I think Jon can make it unless something went wrong with his work schedule. He's signed up for a DoNA raid tonight, but we talked over the weekend and I think that he was planning on dropping it and playing with us if we got to a critical mass.

I forgot to bring my headset with me, so no outgoing voice coms for me unless I find a Radio Shack nearby.

(Was thinking about getting a different heatset anyway. I recently found out that USB headsets bypass the sound card completely and process a direct sound stream right from the game - isn't that weird? My new sound card on the Death Star has all kinds of crazy special processing for headset 3D sound though, so I need to get a non-USB one.)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jon is in.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I can be available too...

Damon.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

So, that's four of us. Excellent! I assume we will continue our deforestation of the jungles in STV?
erilar

Post by erilar »

Slash and burn, say the Blackrazors!

Sir Damon the Mostly Vague, would kill you to speak in definite terms for once? :wink:
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

What level is the group now? I don't want Danduin to get too far behind (or too far ahead).

Danduin is currently lvl 31, about 1/2 way to 32. that still sound about right?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Yes, I CAN be available! :lol:

Damon.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, Bob, I think you're still above Lance, and very close to the rest of us.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Thank you, Damon. :)

Bob, I just turned lvl 30, so no worries.
erilar

Post by erilar »

There's a small patch, so log on early if you can.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Actually, small patch had been weeks ago for us, but not for your laptop. ;)

And, again, fun night last night guys! :)
three people leveled, so I think we are at the following (correct me if I'm wrong):
Urabus 30
Danduin 31
Zilanderan 32
Durric 33
Quendaran 34

Not a bad party. And, those Kurzen were chump until they started to outnumber us, and even then we didnt die, it just took longer to kill them. We will have to see if the animals of STV give us more of a challenge (says the cocky, chain-pulling priest). :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Not a bad party. And, those Kurzen were chump until they started to outnumber us, and even then we didnt die, it just took longer to kill them. We will have to see if the animals of STV give us more of a challenge (says the cocky, chain-pulling priest). :)
Yeah, it worked out really well. We can really bring the damage when we want to ... like say when a certain warrior decides to go running across the camp without the rest of the party... (of course, if a certain mage could have figured out how to use his inventory quicker, we'd actually have been following him).

I think I'm 3 or 4 bubbles short of leveling.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

I actually hit 31 last night, not 30.

Yes, quite fun last night. Sorry if I was complaining about aggro too much. I was really lagging - sometimes a few-second delay after hitting a button before anything actually happened. It was making it really hard for me to hold aggro and/or pull it back. I was worried about getting one of us killed because I couldn't do what I normally do.

I know I'm a nut about aggro management (when we really don't need to sweat it much right now), but it's simply because I want to practice for when it is critical. As we get closer to the endgame, pulling aggro even for a few seconds will become increasingly deadly for the clothies. Many endgame instance mobs can one-shot a squishie, and mail-wearing Erilar can only hold out a few seconds before Feigning Death or performing the real thing. So, in all, just wanting us to practice it.

In any case, we're obviously really coming together as a team - we were handing out some serious smack - even when our crazy priest starts face-melting and chain-pulling! :D It's pretty cool to see how much damage a priest can really do when he switches roles!

Anyway, not sure how grumpy I was sounding by the end of the night, but between my laptop's low framerate and my 1500ms+ lag, I was really struggling. I was having a lot of fun, but perhaps the only things I was actually typing about was aggro bitching, hehe. :) I miss voice chat.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm definitely looking forward to being able to join the team. And I'll try to fit into the nice group tactics and not forget that I'm playing a mage instead of pally (meaning I'll try to not run into melee combat with guys 2 levels higher than me). :)