Huge Latency Problems

The former Blackrazor addiction.
Jonkga

Huge Latency Problems

Post by Jonkga »

OK, I'm pretty frustrated by this. Tuesday night play was wonderful, even running ventrilo. However, since then (ie, starting wed night, all day Thurs, this morning) I am having huge latency problems. I log in, no delays or problems, and when my character comes up, latency is in the green and good, but within a minute, it spikes through the yellow, right to red, and lands in the 5000ms range. And, I cant do anything. I even try to log out, and I cant. eventually, I get a disconnected from server message. I've rebooted the computer, power cycled my internet connection, everything I can think of. And, my regular internet connection and usage is just fine, so it doesnt seem to be an RCN thing, just a WoW thing. Sucks.

Any ideas?
NukeHavoc

Re: Huge Latency Problems

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:OK, I'm pretty frustrated by this. Tuesday night play was wonderful, even running ventrilo. However, since then (ie, starting wed night, all day Thurs, this morning) I am having huge latency problems. I log in, no delays or problems, and when my character comes up, latency is in the green and good, but within a minute, it spikes through the yellow, right to red, and lands in the 5000ms range. And, I cant do anything. I even try to log out, and I cant. eventually, I get a disconnected from server message. I've rebooted the computer, power cycled my internet connection, everything I can think of. And, my regular internet connection and usage is just fine, so it doesnt seem to be an RCN thing, just a WoW thing. Sucks.
I haven't logged on since Tuesday, so I can't comment. I'll try tonight though, and see what happens.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

I played a lot last night, including a 40-man Molten Core run. No problems, other than a few lag spikes during MC, which aren't atypical.

Jon, if you've already tried everything you can at home, perhaps put in a GM trouble ticket? Use the question mark icon that's with the other icons on your bottom bar (character screen, quests, map, etc.) to the left of your bag icons.

Did you try downloading a big file from the web like we talked about (to see if you can still receive a heavy stream of data consistently)?

Heather and I are doing this crazy 24-hr cancer walk-a-thon tonight, but I can maybe come over on Sat or Sun for a while and help you troubleshoot if you like.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I can load it up on my PC, which has RCN, and see what the effect is...

Damon.