World of Warcraft Slang

The former Blackrazor addiction.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Wow, I didnt know Lance's face melting term was anything more than his own description - didnt realize others used it too. As far as what spells it refers to, when I cast Mind Blast, there is a loud, haunted-house style screaming effect, along with shadowy visual effects that circulate around the mob's face, which is where the face melting comment comes from. It is one of the priests biggest damage spells that is not directly tied to a talent, and generates big threat (that's the one that usually pulls aggro from the tank). So, I'm pretty sure that is where the term comes from.

As for specs, Lance was right in describing Quen's Discipline spec, and for the record, tarrek is protection specc'd, which means his talents lay in aggro generating moves, damage mitigation moves, and enhancements to his use of sword and shield. And, my new rogue Raffel is mostly combat specc'd, which means his talents improve his fighting abilities, as opposed to improving his stealth or his critical successes and/or damage, as the other trees would for him.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Last nite I double-checked Durric's specs...he's Holy specialized.

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Last nite I double-checked Durric's specs...he's Holy specialized.

Damon.
For the non-pallys, this tree mostly enhances healing ability and many of the buffs. The top-tier talent though is a very cool new attack spell called Holy Shock.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer