Stitches

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

Stitches

Post by NukeHavoc »

I just completed all the quests with Ambercrombie that lead up to the Gift of the Embalmer, which leads to the spawning of Stitches. I'm not sure if I need to kill him or not, but in any case I think it'd make for a fun adventure on Sunday or Tuesday, if anyone's game.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Heh. Good storyline. :) Stitches is definitely fun.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Ken -

I'm actually working to catch up on a couple of the Duskwood quests. Most of them are too low level to really pick up any XP, but I'm enjoying the story so much that I'm doing them anyway.

I just finished the Legend of Stalvan questline last night, and I'm going to catch up on the Abercrombie one next. I'm on Gather Rot Blossoms. If you can wait, we can all finish together. Should be able to catch up quick - these are low level.

I also want to finish the Jitters/Sven/Morbent Fel line too. I'm on the Proving my Worth one now. I think that Jon still has to do the Wetlands parts too (the sunken ships, etc.)

Damon, these are the questlines that I was asking you about last night.

The Abercrombie line starts with Supplies from Darkshire, at the Abercrombie the Hermit (in NW Duskwood, near Sven's camp).

The Morbent Fel line starts with Sven's Revenge and goes from there. The quest Raven Hill also deals with this story, go grab that one in Darkshire if you haven't already done it. Sven's camp is in far NW Duskwood (you can check the map link by his name on Thottbot. You should be able to catch up with us pretty quickly, if interested.

I also want to check out a house in Raven Hill. Supposedly, if you AOE in the upper floor room, an Invisible Entity manifests itself and attacks. People are saying that it is invulnerable and undefeatable, but I'd love to witness this haunting, even if it means a graveyard run. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

My 'lock is on the Sven quests, and is on "Proving her worth" quest. BTW, she's lvl24 spec'd in Affliction...

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

this sounds like a good plan. I'm also doing "Proving Your Worth" and "Sven's Revenge" quests and need to run up to the Wetlands. I finished Stalvan last night.

If folks need time, we can always do Stitches the following week ('cause in all reality, I'll probably need to wait until then myself...)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

If I read correctly, Stiches doesn't even get summoned automatically when one finished the Abercrombie quest. It sounds like once you have the scroll or whatever translated, then you can summon Stitches by showing the translated scroll to some NPC. They then summon the guards and such, starting the whole Stiches attack screening. I think...
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:If I read correctly, Stiches doesn't even get summoned automatically when one finished the Abercrombie quest. It sounds like once you have the scroll or whatever translated, then you can summon Stitches by showing the translated scroll to some NPC. They then summon the guards and such, starting the whole Stiches attack screening. I think...
I think showing it to the Mayor (which is the next step in the quest) is what triggers Stitches, at least based on what I read on Throttbot, but there does seem to be a fair amount of confusion about this.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

After you complete the gathering stuff for Abercrombie, you take a letter to the mayor. he can't read it so you go to one of the other guys in the town hall, who translates. Then you go back to the mayor. Then (I think), he sends you to tt the guard captain standing right outside town hall. Then Stitches starts, but he takes a while to get there. And if any high level characters are around, they usually hear the cry that Stitches is coming and whomp on him.

So after you complete the last link, and the watchers start calling out warnings, run south on the road, toward the turn off to STV. You'll prob meet Stitches on the way.
erilar wrote:If I read correctly, Stiches doesn't even get summoned automatically when one finished the Abercrombie quest. It sounds like once you have the scroll or whatever translated, then you can summon Stitches by showing the translated scroll to some NPC. They then summon the guards and such, starting the whole Stiches attack screening. I think...
erilar

Post by erilar »

For this Duskwood quest progress report, we turn to our roving reporter in Dallas, TX - Lance?

1)
I'm now on Bride of the Embalmer in the Abercrombie series. Helped a 60 priest to whomp Stitches. :)

Note that if you stop without completing Translate Abercrombie's Note, then one of us can complete that quest, which will summon Stitches. Then, we can all head W to do Bride of the Embalmer and house Stitches on the way. I had tried to solo him first, but he was beating the snot outta me. I had to Hamstring him and run away like Sir Robin. :)

2)
Try to pick up The Weathered Grave. It is from a gravestone that's just NW of the Raven Hill cemetary. It's near a house (Morbent Fel's house) on the NW corner of the graveyard that's surrounded by a fence and guarded by lvl 27-29 skeles and ghouls. The coords of the grave are 18,29.

Once you've picked up that quest, turn it in at Darkshire, and you'll get Mor'Ladim. He's a lvl 35 elite skeleton warrior who wanders around western Raven Hill cemetary. I soloed him tonight on my second try (before discovering this quest), but he's tough and will be a good fight for us. The quest also continues from there.

3)
As for Sven's questline (the one culminating in a fight with Morbent Fel), I'm up to Lightforge Iron, which is in the Wetlands.

I levelled up to 34 tonight. Plus, Urabus is up to 70g towards his mount (got and sold a couple of decent green drops) - how are you guys doing? Don't forget to keep saving, and sell good loot at the AH, not vendors!
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I think Durric has the Wetlands quest. Since we've been partying with Durric, I've been concentrating on y other character, so I don't remember what quests Durric currently has...

Damon.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Quendaran has not done any of the Darkshire questlines (having leveled past them in the elven lands), but he is more than willing to help kill any big baddies in Duskwood whenever people want to.

As for money, I think Tarrek, Quendaran, and Raffel have maybe a combined 10g, so I need to start working on making money -- a very hard thing to do, in my experience. good thing I've got 5 levels before Quen can purchase his cat.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hi from rainy Sandusky, OH, my friends. :)

No one will have to worry for mount money. Urabus has about 75 gold now, so shouldn't have any problem getting his mount. Erilar has about 900g now with AH assets liquidated (I'm at about 825g cash), so NO ONE has to worry about mount money. :)

Even considering that Erilar will want to get his Epic mount eventually, I still need to get him to PvP Rank 3 to earn the 800g mount, and that might take some time.

That said, I'm happy to spend our Tuesday sessions farming for gold. Really, the money that Urabus has made has been 90% during our weekly sessions. It can be done, but one has to sell all their loot on the AH, and all the resources gathered via professions must also be be sold on the AH (leather, herbs, metal).