Battle Shout - help!!!

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Battle Shout - help!!!

Post by erilar »

I need your guys' help with something. I have a HORRIBLE time remembering to keep Battle Shout going. Battle Shout is a party buff that increases all of our Attack Power by 85 - this is a huge buff at our level (not sure if it helps the casters though - maybe for wands?).

The thing is, it only lasts for 2 minutes, so I need to remember to refresh it all the time. Ideally, I should recast it at the end of every fight while I still have Rage left (Rage decays fairly quickly once out of combat).

Can you guys please help me to get into the habit of doing this? It will help Damon's and my damage output a lot. Just look for the icon (a yellowish icon with the image of a guy shouting - see a pic in the link above) on your list of buffs and yell at me when it's gone please!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I'll set up a macro...

Durric has a similar problem...he has a personal buff that helps in attack power that only lasts 5 minutes, and one that helps in damage (extra x damage per hit) -- the latter only lasts for around a minute or two...

Basically I have a system when, running into combat, I'll hit both buffs in order (both are instant casts), which is usually long enough for that particular combat. Lydios does somethign similar (pet attacks, I hit my 3 afflictions, then follow-up with ranged damage spells...quite effective). If you develop a routine, it may help....

Damon.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Damon, there are pally mods that will keep those cast for you when you're in combat. I don't have them loaded currently (cause amy's computer keeps crashing :( ), but they're good mods.

Lance, I'm not sure if there's a mod for Battle Shout, but when I'm around, I'll let you know.

Lars Porsenna wrote:I'll set up a macro...

Durric has a similar problem...he has a personal buff that helps in attack power that only lasts 5 minutes, and one that helps in damage (extra x damage per hit) -- the latter only lasts for around a minute or two...

Basically I have a system when, running into combat, I'll hit both buffs in order (both are instant casts), which is usually long enough for that particular combat. Lydios does somethign similar (pet attacks, I hit my 3 afflictions, then follow-up with ranged damage spells...quite effective). If you develop a routine, it may help....

Damon.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

So where do I get these mods?

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Lars Porsenna wrote:So where do I get these mods?

Damon.
Some good addon sites:

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons.html
and
http://ui.worldofwar.net/
and
http://www.wowinterface.com/

Here's a new mod just for BoB - they must have been reading his mind!!! (scary proposition, that...) A guildie just told me about this one last night. (See what kinds of cool things happen when you join a guild? You know, like joining the Dragons of New Avalon? Hint, hint, nudge...)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer