Seal of the Dawn

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Seal of the Dawn

Post by erilar »

Jon, we haveta go into UD Strat after we get our Invasion 3-piece set. We can get a Seal of the Dawn if we finish this quest chain!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, arguably, we both should have that already. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Not me - I'm the retarded have-half-my-Tier 1-Set-but-never-been-to-Scholo guy... :P I'm just now discovering all this great, fun undead-fighting stuff.

Speaking of which, are you hip to beating down the Invasion creeps again tonight? I'm all excited to try to finish our 3-piece Undead Killin' set and work on me AD rep. I'm gonna go for groceries after work, then home, fed and ready to play by say 7:30-ish?

Not wanting to exclude Damon though - if he's looking forward to some Tue night lvl 30's action, obviously we could do that. I was just having a ball last night. :D
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Itsup to you guys...

Damon/
erilar

Post by erilar »

[Puts ambiguity-blocking mind control helmet on Damon]

Mr. Agretto, please respond with one of the following choices:
1) "Yes, I was expecting to play WoW in a group with you guys tonight"
2) "No, I wasn't planning on playing tonight"
3) "I'm probably going to play, but I'd rather solo"
4) "I don't know yet if I can play tonight, but if I can, I would like to group with you guys."

Please be aware that deviating from this list of choices will deliver a "mild" electric shock.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

If you guys do this stuff on the weekend, I'd love to join in with Peric. :) I've got about 1/2 of my 1st armor set (lightforge). But I'm fairly well tooled up to fight undead, and I'm looking for more! :)
erilar wrote:Not me - I'm the retarded have-half-my-Tier 1-Set-but-never-been-to-Scholo guy... :P I'm just now discovering all this great, fun undead-fighting stuff.

Speaking of which, are you hip to beating down the Invasion creeps again tonight? I'm all excited to try to finish our 3-piece Undead Killin' set and work on me AD rep. I'm gonna go for groceries after work, then home, fed and ready to play by say 7:30-ish?

Not wanting to exclude Damon though - if he's looking forward to some Tue night lvl 30's action, obviously we could do that. I was just having a ball last night. :D
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I'll go with 5) "Yes, I was planning on playing tonite, but I'm fine soloing if you guys have something you want to do..." Yowtch!

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:If you guys do this stuff on the weekend, I'd love to join in with Peric. :) I've got about 1/2 of my 1st armor set (lawbringer). But I'm fairly well tooled up to fight undead, and I'm looking for more! :)
The 3-piece armor sets I'm talking about are new to this patch - they are rewards for fighting the Sourge Invasion undead around the various floating ziggurats.

Here's a link to the plate set and the mail set.

In the zones where there are the floating zigs (the AD reps in the main cities will tell you where the Scourge is currently attacking), these funky summoning circles will appear on the ground along with a strange crystal. Ghouls and skeles will begin appearing (lvl 59 non-elites). Killing them randomly drops Necrotic Runes (and also the normal Invader Stones if you wear your AD trinket). There's a LHC AD quest to turn in 10 of those runes.

After a while, these cultists will appear and start a ritual. You have to use 8 of the runes to interrupt a cultist. When you do, they take their true form, that being a Shadow of Doom (shade kinda creep), which then attacks. Those are REALLY tough. They take a decently-geared 5-man group to take down. The Shadows also seem to rally and increase the agressiveness of the other wimpy undead. There is also a LHC AD quest to kill one of the Shadows, and they drop the chestpieces for the 3-piece Invasion armor set.

Randomly during these invasions, a silver-badged "named" special creep will appear (ours was a 61 elite abomination). Those special creeps drop the wrist armor for the 3-piece set (Jon and I already have our wristpieces).

The 3rd piece of the armor set (the gloves) is obtained by turning in another 30 Necrotic Runes to AD at LHC. One can also get a AD tabard for 10 Runes.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I'll go with 5) "Yes, I was planning on playing tonite, but I'm fine soloing if you guys have something you want to do..." Yowtch!

Damon.
I surely appreciate you being accomodating, but that's kinda crappy for you to play by yourself.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Really, don't worry about it...

Damon :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

The plate set is nice. +186 Attack Power when fighting Undead AND +2% damage over that! Sweet. :)

Unfortunately, they conflict with the pieces of my Lightforge set that I've managed to obtain. :) (Gauntlets, Bracers, Shoulders)

[quote="erilar]
Here's a link to the plate set and the mail set.
[/quote]
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'm in. I would be up for more high level undead slayage, or some lower level , um, er, leveling. ;)

Yes, seriously, Damon, if the three of us are going to be on, we would enjoy questing together, or maybe even grabbing some folks to tear into an instance (or try to) together.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Durric can just follow you guys around gathering XP...

Damon. :P
erilar

Post by erilar »

Sorry to both you guys. I already talked to Jon about this, but I got out of work late, and then my idiot work "partner" felt the need to call me at home last night and talk about nothing much at all, so I got a really late start.

Jon and I were able to both get our Argent Dawn tabards (which look sweet) and our gloves form the set. Chestpieces next time, then we can start trashing UD Strat to get our Seals!

Then, I might actually get to see Scholo! :P