Leaving WoW

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Leaving WoW

Post by erilar »

FYI, I made the decision to cancel my WoW subscription yesterday. Explanations and such here.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Uhhhhhh, hmmmmm.

Well, I can't fault your logic. And it's really nice that Bliz saves characters indefinitely. I'm not going to have access to a machine powerful enough to reliably play for the forseeable future anyway. I'm staying more at my place than amy's to save gas.

I'm not ready to give up the ghost yet, but I can see where you're coming from. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm definitely not giving up the ghost. I really do want to start playing again when the expansion comes out.

Endgame stuff is feeling a little tedious to me right now, especially since Jon and Bob aren't around much. Our Tue night lowbie gaming is very fun, but many of us are fairly unavailable, whether from new babies, work, computer issues, or whatever, so the Tuesday game is looking iffy. I know I'm leaving Damon out a little - he can usually play - and I'm sorry for that. Perhaps he and I can do some shooter stuff on Tuesdays instead?

At the point where Jon and Bob are both on daylight, Ken's baby is sleeping more regularly, the summer business is waning, and we have a larger quarum, I may rejoin.

I just realized the other day that I've almost literally not been playing ANY other games since the WoW launch, and I'm missing out on a lot of great stuff. WoW is all the same content for me at this point, and I need a change for a while.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Unfortunately I may suspend my account as well. My reasons for playing WoW are different -- I did it mainly 'cause it was the only way I could play with Lance and Bob when they weren't around for Friday night games, but at this point I haven't actively been on in a month, and I don't think I'll be able to get back on reliably for quite a while.

That makes it hard to justify the monthly fee, which I could be spending on Clix instead. ;)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

That was part of my reason for trying Guild Wars - no monthly fee, and no compulsion to play. It's quite a bit "lighter" than WoW, but pretty fun, and a gorgeous game. I'm not asking you guys to buy yet another game though... :) Just a diversion until we can all jump back on WoW again.

Plus, there's always other stuff. Ken and I have Warcraft III, and maybe we can all get a FPS of some sort. (Except Ken the Mac lover - he might be out of luck there...)