WoW Localized Servers?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
NukeHavoc

WoW Localized Servers?

Post by NukeHavoc »

heh ... this is a work question. I love my job. :)

-----
Everyone (but mostly Lance)

Do you know if there's anyway to set up a localized WoW server, or some sort of helper server to assist in managing WoW traffic? Failing that, have you heard of any way to throttle back WoW traffic to what the game needs?

The college saw a huge spike in WoW-related traffic over the weekend. Apparently, this was because WoW was consuming all the bandwidth it could, and probably far more than it needed in order to provide an adequate gaming experience.

Our though was to try and come up with some way to better manage the traffic through a local server (letting the server do the heavy lifting and managing the traffic), but nothing I've ever read about WoW says that you could do something like that.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

I haven't heard of anything like that, but I'm sure you guys aren't the only college experiencing such a problem, so there's probably already a solution of some sort available. :) I'd recommend speaking with WoW's tech service / community service people.

There is a decent amount of tech info on their website, but that almost sounds like something ebtter served by calling their support number directly during business hours.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:I haven't heard of anything like that, but I'm sure you guys aren't the only college experiencing such a problem, so there's probably already a solution of some sort available. :) I'd recommend speaking with WoW's tech service / community service people.

There is a decent amount of tech info on their website, but that almost sounds like something ebtter served by calling their support number directly during business hours.
Thanks -- I'll try that!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I gotta say, firing up WoW today to check out some software options ... well, it really took me back. It *almost* made me want to renew my account, but I was able to hold back ... barely. :)