Group Quests?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
Lars Porsenna

Group Quests?

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Are we going to do group questing again, now that some of the principle players are again active?

Damon.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Anyone? Anyone?

Damon.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Damon,

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are Bob and Ken playing again? Lance took a brief sabatical, but has been back for a bit now. He and I (and the others as well, if they are back) are always ready and willing to group up for leveling, questing, instancing, etc. We just need to work a time around our many varied schedules. Just let us know when you want to play, and we'll chime in if we're available.

Jon
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm in. Any time that I'm not raiding (which is Wed and Thur nights this week), and that won't get me in trouble with the missus (Heather - you've met her), I'm all for it.

I just started playing Urabus again this week. He's in Stranglethorn Vale, and I just got him to lvl 36.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I can play most nights. LMK when we want to organize something...

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'll be playing for sure tonight. I worked my butt off most of the weekend, and I've had it. Tonight is for gaming. (Right after I finish folding the laundry, of course. Sigh.)

I would like to request that you please work on your Ventrilo problems. I *really* hate playing without Vent.

I know you were concerned that your connection wasn't fast enough for both WoW and Vent, but I'm certain that's not the case. Only dialup connections would be too slow.

Here a few things to try:
* Get the newest version of the Ventrilo client
* Enable the "Use DirectSound for Input Device" option in the Setup window.
* Be sure that both your router and Windows XP Firewall are instructed to allow TCP access for port 3784

(We could also try Skype if you wish - perhaps easier to set up and connect. You'll still need to forward a certain port through your firewalls, though.)

If you can't get it working, maybe I can stop by after work one night this week to help you get it going. I'm sure you'll enjoy the game a lot more with voice.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Hey guys, I'm done at 9pm tonight, so if you two are going to try to group up for a bit, I'd love to join you when I get home. Let me know how late you plan on playing.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Okay, I'm very game if I'm on. I'll be getting started much earlier than that - probably about 6:30-7 pm(?), and not sure how long I'll play.

I'm in Arathi right now - going to do two quests in the kobold caves first (killing kobolds for Princess and gathering Bloodstones or something for a gobbo in BB).

After that, I'm probably headed back to STV. That's where I'm spending most of my time, but I'm getting a little frustrated that the place is so big. It seems like I spend my whole session running around. There's no central inn (except for the damn dirty Horde...), and I always seem to be at the wrong end, whether I log in BB or Darkshire.

Similar problems in Arathi - no handy inn to log out in. I'm considering relocating to Desolace, since there's at least a dang inn there...

I'm up for questing wherever - just letting you guys know what's in my quest log.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

That's the problem I had there for 10ish levels. So frickin big, no easy access points to the middle. And after 10ish levels there, even though there are still about 20 quests to do, I simply got tired of the place.

erilar wrote:After that, I'm probably headed back to STV. That's where I'm spending most of my time, but I'm getting a little frustrated that the place is so big. It seems like I spend my whole session running around. There's no central inn (except for the damn dirty Horde...), and I always seem to be at the wrong end, whether I log in BB or Darkshire.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Good times last night, Lance and Damon. I had a lot of fun. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

That was really fun - showed me how much I miss questing with RL friends vs. raiding.

Speaking of which - if you two are interested, can get free time, and agree on a night, I'll drop out of my Wed or Thur raid to play again. Definitely fun stuff!
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I'd be interested in setting up a regular night like we used to for this. Especially if we're all getting the expansion (I know I am!) we can do a group level thing for a while, which may be a lot of fun...

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

We should probably be able to do so. Any suggested days? My typical raiding nights with my guild are Mon and Thur, but nothing is necessary at this point.

Jon will be out of the picture for a little while - he'll be working M-F 'till about 11:30pm IIRC, starting next week. Maybe we can do Sunday nights for a while, if he can play? Or, if he won't be available, Damon and I can duo on a weekday evening or Sunday night?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I could probably do sunday nights, if that's what we decide...

Damon.