Toybox Wars

The forum for little figures blowing up other little figures.
NukeHavoc

Toybox Wars

Post by NukeHavoc »

For pre-gaming this week, I'd like to give Toybox Wars a go:

http://unclebear.com/wiki/downloads/toyboxwars.pdf

Berin at UncleBear threw it together, and is still in the process of playtesting it. Basically, it's a table-top miniatures game for toys, be it matchbox cars blasting away at each other or army men taking on Godzilla.

It's a straightforward mechanic -- you get 10d6, and you can allocate those dice to one of three pools: Dodge, Attack and Floating (which can be used for dodge or attack). When you attack someone, you roll your attack pool; opponents try to evade using their dodge pool. Whoever roles higher wins. In this, it's a little like Risk or Risus, but you can change up the amount of dice in each pool every round.

Berin's looking for feedback, and it should only take 15-20 minutes to run a game.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

[bump]

I picked up some pirate-themed Matchbox cars for the playtest. One thing that Berin didn't address was initiative; I'm planning on using the standard Savage Worlds card deck initiative.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

The playtest went well; Nate's car was destroyed by George, after being heavily damaged by Jordan. Damon won the race, Jordie came in second.