Castle Ravenloft

Risk 2210, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, etc.
Hardcorhobbs

Castle Ravenloft

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Lance, Zack, Brendan and I played Castle Ravenloft last night. The game was very gloom and doom right out the gate. It was a constant struggle to stay afloat. By way of example I was playing the wizard, and before we were around the table once I went from 6 hp (max) to 2 hp. Looking back... this is exactly how Ravenloft should feel!

I loved it! Had a blast! (Emeril the Italian wizard! Bacon of Hope! New Environment Blood Frogs! :lol:) I definitely want to give it another go soon. I think we learned a lot on our first playthrough (Don't horde the Dalies/Ulities, stick close, not too close, pick your powers as a group to maximum effect). I'm eager to try out some new tactics soon. Also, someone has to see how the rogue plays :)

BTW, despite the overwhelming odds we were successful in recovering the amulet of ravenloft. :D
erilar

Re: Castle Ravenloft

Post by erilar »

It very much feels like an old-school dungeon crawl. Traps, curses, haunts and monsters galore, and the DM has stacked the deck against you.

In some ways, it reminds me a little of OG Space Hulk (playing the Marine side, of course). Perhaps not quite that hard though, but you have to keep pushing and can't stop to take a breath for long.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Sounds great. Sorry I missed it, and I'd love to be a part of the next go-'round.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

How's your dad, Jon? Everything go okay?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Dad's procedure when off with textbook percision. He is doing well, walking more, and ready for the next leg this friday. As of right now, mom is comfortable enough with how things went that I shouldn't need to be there this friday, but we will see how the week goes.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost