Nexus Ops

Risk 2210, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, etc.
NukeHavoc

Nexus Ops

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lance -- I found this in my basement. It's a squad-based game for 2-4 players. We can give it a try on the next board game day or I can see you at a Pathfinder game and give it to you. It didn't blow me away, but I only played it once.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Re: Nexus Ops

Post by erilar »

I'm basing my interest off one No High Scores writer's praise, but they said something along the lines of "best squad-based combat board game they ever played".

Apparently, the older of the game is prettier - who makes the one you have?

Edit: I think your version must be the purty 2005 one from Avalon Hill (actually Hasbro at that time).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_Ops

I'll dig up that NHS post tonight.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Re: Nexus Ops

Post by NukeHavoc »

I have the 2005 Avalon Hill/Hasbro version. Quality matches Risk 2210 and other games of that time by the AH imprint.

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange