Arkham Horror: The Final Battle

Risk 2210, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, etc.
NukeHavoc

Arkham Horror: The Final Battle

Post by NukeHavoc »

According the FAQ, we were doing it wrong (http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_c ... /AHfaq.pdf)

Q: In combat with an Ancient One, how do cumulative successes in the “Investigators Attack” step work?

A: To defeat the Ancient One, the players must do a total number of successes equal to the number of players multiplied by the number of doom tokens on the Ancient One. So, if 4 players are facing Yig (doom track of 10), they need 40 successes to win. For every 4 successes they do, they remove 1 doom token to track their progress. If the investigators get 9 successes in the first round of combat, they would remove 2 doom tokens, and 1 success would carry over to the next round of combat.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Fen's Ego

Re: Arkham Horror: The Final Battle

Post by Fen's Ego »

According the FAQ, we were doing it wrong
So...retcon the entire box lid?
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

OK, that would make a difference, except I think we still all would have been devoured last night. And, after all the other devourings and events of the game, losing like that was probably the most appropriate ending. :)

And, it was a great deal of fun, regardless.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:OK, that would make a difference, except I think we still all would have been devoured last night. And, after all the other devourings and events of the game, losing like that was probably the most appropriate ending. :)

And, it was a great deal of fun, regardless.
I agree. We would have made it a little further into the Final Battle, but ultimately we were doomed either way (which, as you say, was entirely appropriate).

Man, what a fun (if brutal) game of Arkham...

For those not there, we had 3 characters devoured *before* we met the Great Old One.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yeah, this particular final was definitely still a foregone conclusion, but definitely good info for next time!!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer