Lords of Waterdeep / iOS

Risk 2210, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, etc.
NukeHavoc

Lords of Waterdeep / iOS

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lords of Waterdeep has been released for iOS:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... r-ios.aspx

It was created by Playdeck (the same folks who did Ascension). It supports async play (yea!). I've heard nothing but good things about the board game edition, and I just bought the $6.99 iPad edition. I haven't tried it yet (many, many house chores to complete first) but if anyone else gets it let me know -- I'd love to try an async game.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Re: Lords of Waterdeep / iOS

Post by erilar »

The tabletop version has a pretty high rating. Definitely interested.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'll check it out. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I just played two games. I think this is very much our kind of game -- resource management with a little messing with other players, plus a reasonable number of fiddly bits. Also, lots of great flavor, even if the Realms isn't normally your cup of tea.

I'm adding the conventional version to my Christmas list.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Critical Hits review of Lords of Waterdeep
http://www.critical-hits.com/blog/2013/ ... ad-iphone/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I played a few offline games. I think it's interesting. The 8 turn limit REALLY puts the pressure on! :) My AI opponents seemed to all score over 100 points while I was in the 50-60 range. :/
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Yeah, you really need to pay attention -- I played a few games last night where I lost focus while watching Walking Dead, and the AI destroyed me. :)

I like the 8 turn limit as well (shades of Race for the Galaxy and Risk 2210). It's one of the aspects of the game that make me think it'd be a good fit for our group.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Lords of Waterdeep Tabletop episode:

http://youtu.be/D7DvEIfrP84
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Oh, I must have this on iOS; thanks for the the heads up!

I have the boardgame and have played some 3 and 4 player sessions. We (D&D/boardgame enthusiasts) all found it a clever and accessible d&d themed 'eurogame' with more room for improvement than actual flaws. Haven't tried the expansion yet. If the group wants to play it, I'd be happy to loan it at the next Sunday game session (if I can't join in myself).
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."