Airport Express

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Airport Express

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lance,

You've got an Airport Express right? Does it work and play well with the rest of your wireless network? I'm thinking of getting one for my house.

Ken
erilar

Post by erilar »

We have one, and it is going all the time with no intereferance w/ any other equipment. Very very cool gadget.

I had some issues with settings during setup, but the Apple 1-800 techies were very helpful.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:We have one, and it is going all the time with no intereferance w/ any other equipment. Very very cool gadget. I had some issues with settings during setup, but the Apple 1-800 techies were very helpful.
It's all one big network right? The Airport Express is living on and communicating with ErilarNet, and not doing its own thing? (I'm assuming that's the case, since I didn't see an ErilarNet II around anywhere... :))

ken
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:It's all one big network right? The Airport Express is living on and communicating with ErilarNet, and not doing its own thing? (I'm assuming that's the case, since I didn't see an ErilarNet II around anywhere... :))

ken
Yep, I just have the one Linksys wireless router, and that's the one that the Airport Express talks to. We've used it all over the house, and it has worked well everywhere.

We use it to stream iTunes music from a PC to either the LR stereo or a boombox with rca aux inputs. Note that we can stream music from either my desktop or Heather's laptop - handy!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:We use it to stream iTunes music from a PC to either the LR stereo or a boombox with rca aux inputs. Note that we can stream music from either my desktop or Heather's laptop - handy!
Sweet. That's how I'd like to use it. Ideally I'd like to put my old G3 iMac (with the 80 gig hard drive!) down in the living room, stick a wireless card in it, and use it as a dedicated jukebox. :) In the short term, my iBook will probably serve that role ... well, it will once I get my PowerBook at Lafayette.