I'm getting tired of these people. JUST MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE!

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
EvilGenius

I'm getting tired of these people. JUST MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE!

Post by EvilGenius »

from Scifi
12:00 AM, 13-AUGUST-07

Paper: New Line Approaches Jackson

New Line co-chairman Robert Shaye told the Los Angeles Times that he has been quietly trying to mend fences with Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson, months after telling SCI FI Wire that he'd never work with Jackson again.

When asked if it was true that company insiders had been in talks with Jackson's representatives, Shaye told the newspaper: "Yes, that's a fair statement. Notwithstanding our personal quarrels, I really respect and admire Peter and would love for him to be creatively involved in some way in The Hobbit."

Jackson withdrew his name from consideration for helming the Rings prequel movie in the wake of Jackson's lawsuit against New Line over Rings profits. That prompted Shaye to tell SCI FI Wire in January, "I do not want to make a movie with somebody who is suing me. It will never happen during my watch."

But Shaye's latest admission suggests that New Line is eager to get The Hobbit going again with Jackson. [/i]
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Update:
Peter Jackson to produce `The Hobbit'. They reconciled, so you'll finally get the movies. Still two movies filmed simultaneously to be released 2010 and 2011.

Woh, the years are getting up there, shouldn't we have flying cars by now?!?!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I still say two movies is one hobbit too many.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost