Activating your account on forum.griffcrier.com

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Activating your account on forum.griffcrier.com

Post by NukeHavoc »

We've recently upgraded the forum software from phpBB 2.x to phpBB 3.x. The good news is this is a more secure, more robust forum suite; the bad news is your passwords didn't survive the upgrade.

If you want to use the GriffCrier forums, you will need to reset your password using the "Lost Password" utility.

If you've already done this and can access the forums, then you can ignore the rest of this message. Otherwise ...

Enter your username and the email address your registered with into this form:

ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

A message with a temporary password will be sent to you. You can then log into the site using your username and password. Once in, you should immediately change your password by clicking on the "User Control Panel" link in the upper right-hand corner.

This brings up a page where you can manage all of your forum settings. Click on the "Edit Account Settings" link on the lefthand side of the screen (its part of the nav box called "Options".

Use this form to change your password; note you'll need your temporary password handy to do this (it won't let you create a new password unless you give it your old one).

If you have any problems or questions, please let me know; you can e-mail me at nuketown@gmail.com.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange