Serenity RPG

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
Hardcorhobbs

Serenity RPG

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So while parusing through the new releases and checking out Mutants and Masterminds at my comic shop, I saw the Serenity RPG. The book scared me for a few reasons. First, I read somewhere that they were creating a new system to play the game. While I'm not opposed to learning a new system, there are many roleplaying systems out there. I'm not sure it was completely nessisary to create a new one (especially with D20 the way it is... though yes there are those who have a distaste for D20) Next was layout. The first major section of the book was dedicated to the characters from the show. Fully flushed out seemed like 2-3 pages per character. Now, I dont even really like playing pre-gens, let alone play one of the characters from the show. Its someone else's thunder. So I tryed to move on to character creatation. Only I found myself looking for it in the table of contents. Why? because when flipping though the book I kept passing it. It seemed to be a rather short section. So at this point I put the book down. I got that "bad vibe" from it. I'd like to see if I can find some reviews on it before I go back to paruse it again.

Anywho I thought I'd share that. Anyone hear anything about this book?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

UncleBear.com has a review of the game. Basically, their take was that it's a decent game, but not one that's likely to win over large numbers of converts to Firefly, in no small part because of the $40 price tag.

Ken