Beholders Galore

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Beholders Galore

Post by NukeHavoc »

This one's for you Damon. :)

http://community.wizards.com/dungeonsan ... _beholders

As an aside, some day I'd love to run a sneaky/skillful "City of Eyes" adventure involving a Blackrazor raid on that level of the Obsidian Maze. :twisted:
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Re: Beholders Galore

Post by Lars Porsenna »

NukeHavoc wrote:This one's for you Damon. :)

http://community.wizards.com/dungeonsan ... _beholders

As an aside, some day I'd love to run a sneaky/skillful "City of Eyes" adventure involving a Blackrazor raid on that level of the Obsidian Maze. :twisted:
All the times I suggested running through the 2e Beholder modules, and being shot down, and you expect the group to go with your "City of Eyes???"

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:All the times I suggested running through the 2e Beholder modules, and being shot down, and you expect the group to go with your "City of Eyes???"
Well, YOUR dungeon is a self-professed death trap while MY dungeon is totally not a death trap. Totally. Really. :)

On a more serious note, the stuff you always talked about running was a 3-module beholder fest. I'm thinking more one-shot (maybe doubleshot) to an area that's legendary within the campaign. I don't know how the 2E beholder series runs, but 3 modules makes it a big time investment (and thus, less likely in our current setup). Also, the adventure I've kicked around would all about trying to avoid the beholders and dealing with their truly screwed up society (or rather, the slaves in that society).

But I'm guessing I'll be about as successful as you were, seeing how everyone has such an adverse reaction to the word "beholder". :twisted:
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Hey, I've always been on record as all in for this, whether it was Damon's mods or Ken's city.

It's always been Bob, and Jess if I reccollect correctly, who were so opposed.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Don't. Like. Beholders!! :evil:
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

EvilGenius wrote:Don't. Like. Beholders!! :evil:
See. All Bob. ;)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:See. All Bob. ;)
'Nuff said.
erilar

Post by erilar »

How 'bout Damon runs this new mod. That would be the best solution!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

Beholders are nothing but trouble.
The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I would be up for a beholder based adventure. Maybe Damon and Ken could collaborate? I know Damon's been itching to kill us with Beholders for a looooong time ...... :? :o :(
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Damon and I will have to kick around some ideas. Honestly, this is pretty low on my wish list of stuff to run right now; I'd be more interested in getting a Mutants & Masterminds game together, but City of Eyes could make for a cool Nuke(m)Con event.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

NukeHavoc wrote:Damon and I will have to kick around some ideas. Honestly, this is pretty low on my wish list of stuff to run right now; I'd be more interested in getting a Mutants & Masterminds game together, but City of Eyes could make for a cool Nuke(m)Con event.
OooOoOoo I'd love to get back to your M&M campaign. Or were you thinking about something new?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:OooOoOoo I'd love to get back to your M&M campaign. Or were you thinking about something new?
No, I'd like to finish up the current Infinity Storm arc, mostly because I really liked those characters. After that, either more with the same characters or a sort of "New Mutants" reboot with lower-level characters (which I think everyone was interested in, or at least, the M&M crew was).
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

NukeHavoc wrote:No, I'd like to finish up the current Infinity Storm arc, mostly because I really liked those characters. After that, either more with the same characters or a sort of "New Mutants" reboot with lower-level characters (which I think everyone was interested in, or at least, the M&M crew was).
YES! YES! YES!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I was thinking about m&m. "I" really like the m&m2e system but I know some others didn't. I'm going to take a look at the 1e m&m system. I think it's a standard class/level system which may be more familiar for people. That may get more people to a m&m game.