Stormwrack

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Stormwrack

Post by NukeHavoc »

I generally don't go in for these environment-specific supplements, but Stormwrack looks interesting. From Amazon.com:
A complete guide to playing D&D in sea and storm. The third in a series of beautifully illustrated supplements focusing on play in specific environmental climes, Maelstrom™ contains rules on play in watery environments. Not only are rules for sea campaigns offered, but rules for including water environments in land-based D&D campaigns and dungeon adventures are also covered. Included is extensive information on lakes and rivers; hazards such as exposure, storms, and waterspouts; races, including non-aquatic races associated with the sea; equipment, including detailed deck plans for ships; monsters; magic, including psionic
elements; skills; feats; and more.
ok, aside from the fact that the name in the description doesn't match that in the title on Amazon, it still sounds interesting. Rules for adventuring in water are always hard to come by, and I particularly like the idea of detailed ship plans -- we definitely need more of those.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Any stats for the effects of large, high-velocity wooly mammals or sudden firey explosions on the typical sailing vessel? :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Any stats for the effects of large, high-velocity wooly mammals or sudden firey explosions on the typical sailing vessel?
Perhaps with the explosions, but I doubt they've anticipated the need for damage caused by plummeting wolly mammoths. lack of imaginative thinking on their part I guess. :twisted:
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

They should have read Carefully Devised Chaos, by Tanevir Calywyn and Malphas Malaclypse, et. al. :D

"... is that a whooly mammoth Figurine of Wonderous Power?"

"No... its my pocket-sized instant ship sinker"

NukeHavoc wrote:
erilar wrote:Any stats for the effects of large, high-velocity wooly mammals or sudden firey explosions on the typical sailing vessel?
Perhaps with the explosions, but I doubt they've anticipated the need for damage caused by plummeting wolly mammoths. lack of imaginative thinking on their part I guess. :twisted: