Finding a New Comic Book Store

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Finding a New Comic Book Store

Post by NukeHavoc »

Since I'm leaving Drew, I'm going to need to find a new comic book store closer to home. :) At this point, I'm leaning toward going to Phantom of the Attic; it's nearby and seems like a nice enough place (from the one time I was there).

Anyone heard anything about that store?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

The other guy there will talk your ear off...besides Wayne...

This is how the pull was explained to me: they set aside what you want every month. One of the stipulations to signing up is that you leave them a CC number. If you fail to pick up your books in a timely manner, they will charge your CC and mail them to you. Do it twice and your account is cancelled.

Of course, things may have changed. I do not mantain a pull there (I'll probably go to the Portal for that).

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I decided to go with the Portal for my comic pull; it looks like a dive from the outside, but I was really impressed with the inside of the store -- well organized, clean and friendly, and they've got a good number of RPG books in stock.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Took you this long to check it out???

The guys at the Portal are great. They consistently go the extra mile for me, and get the materials I want. I've been buying a lot of Battletech books lately, and because I'm a "regular" and a big fan of the game, they always put me at the top of the list and treat me well. Haven't been to another gaming store since.

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Took you this long to check it out???
Until now, there hasn't been a need -- I could walk to my old comic book store in Madison, and quite frankly, it kicked ass. But all things change, and I needed a new store, so I went questing. :) I started my pull there last week, so this'll be the first full week of actually getting my comics there.