Blizzard ponders over portable Starcraft, Diablo II

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000177050957/

[drool] Diablo II on my DS? Starcraft on my DS? TOO FREAKING COOL!
erilar

Post by erilar »

Wow - what a great idea! Go Blizzard!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

yeah, it is pretty damn cool. Man, I really hope they do this -- Diablo II would rock as a DS game -- the stylus was MADE for hack'n'click. And I never got to play Starcraft, so that would be equally cool.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Agreed - D2 is awesome, and this would be highly welcome.

Starcraft was a great game - I just suck mightily at RTS games. :P

L
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'd be interested in either game. Though hopefully they will be new games and not just Starcraft and D2 for the DS. Those are the types of games that will finally get me to upgrade my gameboy to a DS.

~HH
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I'd be interested in either game. Though hopefully they will be new games and not just Starcraft and D2 for the DS. Those are the types of games that will finally get me to upgrade my gameboy to a DS.
Hell, I'll take a straight port of either game -- I've still only played 2 or 3 classes in Diablo II, and never played Starcraft, but new content with the same engine would be better.

There's supposed to be an Age of Empires turned-based DS port coming out soon too, which could be really cool (I liked Age of Empires, but got my ass kicked by the RTS setup -- I might stand a chance if it's turn based. :))