Disaster Again!

The Geoff/Sterich campaign.
EvilGenius

Disaster Again!

Post by EvilGenius »

For those of you fortunate enough to miss last night's debacle, the party suffered two more character deaths last night: Richlin and Bartolo.

We encountered an adult blue dragon, whose breath weapon immediately dropped Ken's cleric to negatives and severely damaged Lance's cleric. Then the dragon took a full round attack on Richlin, doing over 100pts of damage, leaving him with 14 borrowed hp (thank you Bear's Endurance!).

Lance's cleric (with the Travel domain) teleported an unconscious Ken out, Damon attempted to get away with Bartolo shapechanging to a hawk but after the Dragon smacked Richlin to uselessness, he chased down Damon and ate him.

And there was also a drow and a hill giant priest of Erythnul who finished off Richlin with a a Flame Strike and then a Coup'de Grace.

There were more details, but they're painful to remember.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So as the result of last night, the party has officially voted to leave Istivan to it's fate. We may continue with Westmarks, but it will be back in Geoff, and will hopefully be less lethal.

And to be clear, the party was as well prepared as we could be (generally speaking), and made no general or particular mistakes. We just were not prepared for a dragon, who absolutely kicked our patooties.

But when Nate gave us a preview of what was coming up in the final adventure, there's no WAY we could have done that. It simply wasn't doable with those characters.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

If we continue Westmarks, I looked at Baldwin's sheet, and he is actually 13th lvl. He would be the most logical character to tool around Geoff (he has his own wizard's tower!), I could re-tool Lyvanlion (fighter/Holy Liberator) to whatever level we need...

Damon.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Lars Porsenna wrote:If we continue Westmarks, I looked at Baldwin's sheet, and he is actually 13th lvl. He would be the most logical character to tool around Geoff (he has his own wizard's tower!), I could re-tool Lyvanlion (fighter/Holy Liberator) to whatever level we need...

Damon.
I think Baldwin would be a good choice, Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I think Baldwin would be a good choice, Damon.
I agree. I'll continue playing Galt, assuming that Lance continues playing his travelling cleric (because it just wouldn't be as much fun without the twins-separated-birth gag). Failing that (or should he die) I might bring in Merwyn.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm actually on the fence about Tarien. Hearing about the dark elf would be enough to make him investigate more. Nate and I will have to discuss.
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

I would not my continuing in either direction. While it has been lethal, it has helped keep me sharp... well, I could improve on fighting giants... :)