9/15 Game: In the Hall of the Frost Giant Overlord

The Geoff/Sterich campaign.
T1Mirage

9/15 Game: In the Hall of the Frost Giant Overlord

Post by T1Mirage »

Nate -

Good game and encounters. We made it through the combats pretty quick and employed good tactics.

Let me know how/when to give you money for t-shirts.

- George
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

For the cash, next time I see you is fine (probably at the Con). They are gonna be delivered to Ken's house. I got the email to approve the final artwork yesterday... their artists touched a few things up so the art would make a good screen print, and moved the front art to the other side (since it usually is over the left pocket area instead of right).

Here is what I signed off on:

http://www.customink.com/cink/pa.jsp?O= ... @gmail.com
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, very fun game last night! Although I did have a bad dream about being in a TPK. yuk. hate it when my dreams are that literal! :)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I dunno...I slept like a baby. I NEVER thought we were in danger of a TPK...I knew I would survive but you guys...

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nothing like sitting around, watching football, drinking beer and getting caught up on all my D&D record keeping. :)

I find that I (or rather Torthan) had the treasure list from our epic battle with the frost giant jarl and his abomination son. Here's what I wrote down:

Winter Wolves & Frost Giant Crone

25 blood stones.
2 potions
5 colors, each with 10 blood stones worth 100 gp.

The Interesting Room

Jeweled helm, dwarf-sized - 750 gp
Mastodon Tusk - 350 gp
Warhammer +2
Blue Steel Ring of Warmth
White Dragon Skull
Platinum &*&S! (can't read my handwriting, but it's worth 1500 gp)

The Giants' Treasure

Huge magical great axe +1
Large magical breastplate +1, light fortification
Headband of Intellect +2
Cloak of Resistance +2
Large Boots of Speed
Circlet of Persuasion
Broach of Shielding, 72 charges
3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds

The Thing's Treasure

3 rings (120 gp)
2 bracelets (250 gp)
1 necklace (1500 gp)
1 tiera (1200 gp)
1 silver collar with blood stones (1000 gp)
1500 sp
1150 gp
75 blood stones, 50 gp each (3750 gp)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nate -- can you post the XP for this adventure?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I don't think I have it since we used the d20SRD at the table to calculate it. I'll look in the adventure and see what the EL's were for the encounters.
NukeHavoc wrote:Nate -- can you post the XP for this adventure?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

btw, when this adventure happened Torthan was 9th level, but he's now 10th (does a level dance).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm pretty sure that the xp from last adventure is figured into Torthan's current level, so don't recalc unless others need it.

I'm levelling Torthan right now, and picking a new third level spell. My present spells are crushing despair and slow. Both are good area effect spells, though slow gets used a lot more than despair

I'm thinking of a personal spell that helps in combat. First up is dolorous blow, a bard spell which doubles a weapon's threat range and auto-confirms any criticals. It lasts 1 min/level.

The other is wounding whispers, which deals 1d6+1 per level sonic damage against those who hit him. I think either spell could work well, though turning Torthan into a living drum may be a little more in-character. :)

What do you think? Is there a better third level bard spell that would help the party?
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Tarien gained 660, 3190, and 660 exp during this session. He's 11th level. So if someone wants to do crazy backwards math to figure out the exp... :roll:

The boots of speed. Did we find another pair elsewhere? Or am I wearing the ones from that treasure. Because I have them on. Reguardless they would be Tarien's first pick. (I vaguely remember dividing the treasure out before we moved on...)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:The boots of speed. Did we find another pair elsewhere? Or am I wearing the ones from that treasure. Because I have them on. Reguardless they would be Tarien's first pick. (I vaguely remember dividing the treasure out before we moved on...)
Yeah, I think we did because Torthan has the circlet.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, and Xymusont has the Headband of Intellect +2. Some of the items we got had obvious recipients so we divided them at the table.

From memory, I think we assigned the Headband, cloak, circlet and broach of shielding. Maybe the breastplate?
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

I was given the Breast-Plate with Fortification.

Nate - can I have this further enhanced to +2?
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yup
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

I think Dolorous Blow is pretty good. You can cast it on other weapons, etc. Although it may not fit the character, I think Unluck (make opponent roll 2d20 and take the lowest roll) would be a great spell. It works for any roll from the opponent.
NukeHavoc wrote:I'm thinking of a personal spell that helps in combat. First up is dolorous blow, a bard spell which doubles a weapon's threat range and auto-confirms any criticals. It lasts 1 min/level.

The other is wounding whispers, which deals 1d6+1 per level sonic damage against those who hit him. I think either spell could work well, though turning Torthan into a living drum may be a little more in-character. :)

What do you think? Is there a better third level bard spell that would help the party?