Magic Item Creation for New Characters

The Geoff/Sterich campaign.
NukeHavoc

Magic Item Creation for New Characters

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm working on my cleric of Wee Jas and I need some advice on magic item creation. I'm giving her the Craft Wonderous Item feat, which will allow her to create wonderous items at half price (thus giving us a wide array of magical power to draw on). However, how are we working what items you can create yourself for the purposes of starting equipment?

Are we only allowing items that she could personally craft because she personally meets the prerequistes (e.g. Pearl of Power 1st level) or are we allowing the creation of any wonderous item, assuming that she would be able to find the arcane spell caster needed to complete items such as the Cape of the Montebonk and Necklace of Fireballs?

Bob -- what did you do when creating your characters?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Well, if the character is from Sterich, she would have limited availability to other spellcasters... if she isn't from Sterich (or Geoff, or the Yeomanry), then here access would likely be greater. The faith of Wee Jas is probably more rare in Geoff, Sterich, and the Yeomanry, but would be more common in Keoland, where a larger (and purer) population of Suel are (especially House Neheli).
EvilGenius

Re: Magic Item Creation for New Characters

Post by EvilGenius »

I only crafted items for which i would have met the pre-reqs. If you're coming from somewhere with adequate resources, I think that you should be able to create other items within reason.

If the pre-req is a high level spell or has a exceptionally rare component or something, DM approval and increased cost would seem to be in order.
NukeHavoc wrote:Bob -- what did you do when creating your characters?
[/i]
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Man, Wee jas is everywhere these days. :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Cause she hawt! :)
Jonkga wrote:Man, Wee jas is everywhere these days. :)