The State of Our Greyhawk

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
NukeHavoc

Re: The State of Our Greyhawk

Post by NukeHavoc »

I will say that I'm in favor of trying out Pathfinder with whatever we do. I know there's been some hesitancy, but I've played a few games of it, and I do think that there have been changes that speed things up. Combat Maneuvers are one such thing, but there are other smaller tweaks as well, like the paladin's graces, which allow him to negate a wide variety of ills like fatigue, sickness, etc. (the kind that cause you to lose actions, add penalties, etc.).

I think experimenting with the Base Attack routine is something else we should do.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'd be down for some Pathfinder playtesting as well. I know some of you have given it a go, but we never really did as a group. Given my learning curve with new rulesets though, perhaps we should give vanilla a whirl prior to homebrewing too much of it. ;)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

PS- Pathfinder Core Rulebook just went into 4th Printing :!:

Since I bought the pdf also, they updated my online resource to include all current erratas.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:Since I bought the pdf also, they updated my online resource to include all current erratas.
DEATH TO ERRATA!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

What are they charging for a PDF version of the rules?

I'm pretty damn hesitant to purchase a copy of these rules. I was kind of tired of 3.5E, and this really just 3.75E IMO. Plus, how often will be playing this vs. the price of the book, etc.?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

The .pdf is $9.99... but i've heard that copies fall off the back of the internet (or my thumb drive) all the time.
erilar

Post by erilar »

I absolutely don't mind paying at that price. Was just worried that it might be $60 or whatever they charge for the hard copy.

Plus, every book I run on the iPad better justifies that crazy indulgence... :lol:
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Hardcover is $49.99 full retail... but it's a PHB and DMG combined.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

setanta14 wrote:Hardcover is $49.99 full retail... but it's a PHB and DMG combined.
And of course Amazon has it for about $31 and change right now...
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Amazon, is there nothing they can't do?

Damon. :D
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/