[5e Conversions] Magical +s

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
Hardcorhobbs

Re: [5e Conversions] Magical +s

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Remember: we have probably 6+ months to plan for Woryx. Nukemcon is less than a month away. So getting those characters ready should be a focus over everyone else.

Also, there will be many shenanigans. Woryx is no mere legendary black dragon.
NukeHavoc

Re: [5e Conversions] Magical +s

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Yeah, I see what you're saying. And I'm not opposed to reducing all of the abilities and stuff. But I'd also like to point out that these characters are only coming out of retirement for a single purpose: to fight Woryx. It's not like we have to worry about balance vs orcs and ogres and trolls, after all.
I guess I've got my eye on a different ball. I see an opportunity for us to play a lot of our old characters -- particularly in the 12-to-16th range -- so I want to make the decisions that make that possible.
And I'm totally ok with lowering the pluses on things and coming back down to more reasonable armor classes, but if we all de-escalate and then Woryx hits everyone with every attack every round, then I'm going to call bullshit (probably from the great beyond ...). :)

We're fully expecting Woryx to be a legendary monster, so let's be careful how much we knock down our legendary characters.
It's not just about Woryx though -- you know he's an arcane spellcaster who has been breeding his own half-dragon minions for decades. If the last 20 years have taught us anything about D&D, *any* encounter featuring a solo monster vs. a large number of characters is going to go down like a chump, probably in the 3rd round. :) There will be other threats, other challenges, other possibilities as part of the adventure, and I'd like to see the PCs converted in such a way that the adventure is a suitable (and hopefully fun!) challenge for everyone.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange