[5e conversions] 15th level PCs for the Planar Crossover

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
NukeHavoc

[5e conversions] 15th level PCs for the Planar Crossover

Post by NukeHavoc »

Everyone,

We've been having fun converting all manner of characters, but I'd appreciate it if we could focus our conversations on converting the 15th level characters you want to play for the Planar Crossover event at Nuke(m)Con. If the character you want to play is a few levels below 15th (e.g. K'Sograh) just level him up to 15th.

As for the event itself, heroes from two worlds -- Oerth and Golarion -- are summoned by the Obsidian Tower in Sigil to deal with a planar threat of reality-threatening proportions.

We were talking about this at Lance's wedding reception on Sunday, and we think this will be a good way to help us establish the conversion rules and help inform next year's Woryx adventure.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Re: [5e conversions] 15th level PCs for the Planar Crossover

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Here's a collection of other guidelines we've established thus far:

Ability Scores
2E Characters: revert to original level 1 stats and build from there.

3.xE Point-buy Characters: re-build from the ground up using 5E standard point buy.

Classes
Use your best judgement to re-build the character as faithfully as possible. If there is something that you really think is missing that set your character apart bring it up to the group for discussion.

Magic Items
Attunement rule for 5E currently stands. Characters can only have three magic items attuned to them at any given time. Therefore focus on the three items that really helped to define the character. Also consider down-grading items so they don't require attunement. We've been able to find minor effects in some cases that still give the item in question the same flavor it had previously.

Use this table as a guideline as well:
3E 5E
+1 = +1
+2 = +1
+3 = +2
+4 = +2
+5 = +3

All items need approval by the group. Don't hesitate to ask about a particular item if you aren't sure how to convert it. We've been able to come up with some very creative updates to everyone's gear; particularly the unique stuff.
erilar

Post by erilar »

So, I'm playing a bit of catch up.

As far as what character to convert for the November event, we're talking about B-string Blackrazors and the Second Darkness characters?

In other words, I should save my "main" Blackrazor characters (Erilar, et al) for the eventual Woryx event?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Bump
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Sorry Lance, didn't see this. :)

For this Nukem Con we are looking for 15th ish level characters. These are test adventures to get us acquainted with high level adventuring under 5e. Then, the next Nukem Con we'd like to bring back the A Team and go after Woryx.

I don't remember where Erilar ended up, level-wise. I've been converting Luc and Sven, who are both 16.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I think the intent is to bring in a character you really want to play. You probably don't want anyone to go down levels, but if you have someone close that you'd like to play bump them to 15.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Erilar was probably 15th, but also my highest level and "main" character. I'll likely convert one of my lower-level dudes.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:Erilar was probably 15th, but also my highest level and "main" character. I'll likely convert one of my lower-level dudes.
Bring back the Grick-Stick!!!!! :D
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Who is bringing what character? And what level are they? Nate and I been assuming 15th level; if we have characters higher than that we may need to adjust our encounter math.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Rex, fighter 15.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I was planning Luc or Sven, who are 16. But if you want a hard cap on 15, I could level up some of Kalib's followers. Ellington would be a straight class cleric, and since there ACTUALLY IS a paladin of vengence now, I totally have to convert Benjen, who was a 3e paladin of vengence. :D
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Moraim.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Not sure how Nate feels but I'd prefer a hard cap at 15.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Well, for single-classed characters, 15th and 16th are about the same (same proficiency bonus, access to 8th level spell slots, but not 9th), and pretty much all classes only get another stat bump at 16th but no additional class abilities, so besides more hit points and possibly 1 higher for attack roles/saves/ability checks if the stat bump was taken instead of a feat, I don't have a huge problem if someone has their heart set on playing an existing 16th level character that they've played often. I just wouldn't want some semi-npc who we've never heard of showing up at 16th.

Of course, multi-classing throws that all out of whack.

Also, do you think Ken and I should make up some pre-gens for the visiting players?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:
Bring back the Grick-Stick!!!!! :D
Grick-Stick! Grick-Stick! Grick-Stick! Grick-Stick! :)