Return of the A-Team

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
Hardcorhobbs

Return of the A-Team

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Potential characters to be played in the Return of the A-team events:

Bob - Kalib / then Luc or Sven
Cory - Rex: Blackrazor, partial bar owner, and sword for hire
Damon - Alaric the Ftr/PAL of Heironeous
Jim -
Jon -
Ken -
Lance -
Nate - Tanevir / Ragnar / Ian
Tom - Gavin
Last edited by Hardcorhobbs on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Return of the A-Team

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So obviously the goal here is to bring back some of the A-Team Blackrazors and get them to finish up some outstanding plot threads... and ultimately to go after Woryx - the Dragon that took the sword which the guild is named after. Why are some former guild members joining up with this merry band? We'll work out the fine details later. The big question here is who do you want to play; along with an alternate... just in case.

So what happens if you don't have an A-Teamer? We'll level up lower level characters to an "appropriate" level. So this includes any B-Team characters, Redshirts, etc. As for Jim and Tom who don't have a Blackrazor? Fortunately our Nuke(m)con events opened that door. So feel free to bring along a Second Darkness character, who are now spotted in Obsidian Bay running occasional tasks for the Obsidian Tower. Or maybe bring a leveled up version of your Obsidian Frontier characters. Perhaps Zap becomes a lesser known founding member of the Tower, devoting the past 50 years to research. Finn is a little tougher since he's a halfling... but maybe he disappeared into the Feywilds searching for his friend Tenevir who had been gone too long; only to return 60 years in the future.

One exception: Sorry Damon, no more Vampires!

Anyway, we'll figure out the details later. For now I just want to see what everyone is thinking of playing.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Kalib. :)

Luc and Sven are both 16th so maybe them as alts but really, A Team means Kalib.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I have to ponder this for a bit to consider which of my characters would be most inclined to undertake recovering Blackrazor from Woryx and/or vanquishing Woryx.

Is this to be primarily a snatch and grab of Blackrazor, a seek and destroy of Woryx and the majority of his high level minions, or some combination of the two (planning for one, but preparing for either)?

Tanevir would be interested in slaying Woryx and his minions to eliminate such an evil an unstabilizing force in the area (Celene/Uleks/Pomarj/Wild Coast).

Ragnar would also be interested in slaying Woryx, if simply for religious motivations, as Kord was a legendary slayer of evil dragons.

Ian would primarily be motivated to recover Blackrazor, and the potential wealth to had from a great wyrm's treasure hoard as a close second.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Kalib and Luc would be motivated by taking out Woryx, but treasure is a nice bonus. :)

Sven would be motivated by finding magical loot first and disposing of a powerful enemy second.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Might be time to dust of Alaric the Ftr/PAL of Heironeous, level him up. He would be the most active guild member &/or one most likely still on the Pomarj (Scrappy is still plotting his revenge against the Blue's Thieves Guild, Baldwin is probably involved in some sort of extra-planar exploration montage set to '70s Heavy metal music, & Moraim is probably building the Church of Ulaa amongst the dwarfs, though he might be game for some more dragon slaying...). So that would be my choice...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Alaric has been levelled up. LMK what everyone thinks...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Ken and I are planning out a few adventures for practice prior to the main event: Woryx. They will be practice for all you players to shake out the strategies of your rebuild characters. Of course, it's also practice for us as the DM's to make sure can build the best high level events we can. Some of these adventures will be new, and some will tie into old stories. You guys are free to try a character or two... but we don't want you switching too many times. Again, we want you too feel comfortable with whoever your playing so we are all at the top of our game for the epic quest.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Bump
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I think I'm gonna have to go with Tanevir. He'd have the most vested interest in Woryx's downfall.
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

I'll probably bring Gavin to the table again, but I hope to research high level bardic play before then.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Fen's Ego wrote:I'll probably bring Gavin to the table again, but I hope to research high level bardic play before then.
That's part of the reason we want to do a bunch of smaller adventures prior to taking on the dragon. No one is up to speed on the 5th edition version of their A-Teamer. And we need practice running the game at high levels. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:That's part of the reason we want to do a bunch of smaller adventures prior to taking on the dragon. No one is up to speed on the 5th edition version of their A-Teamer. And we need practice running the game at high levels. :)
Yeah I think that'll help inform the Woryx adventure ... and what level we're shooting for, character-wise. It'd be hard to run an adventure with characters spanning 15th-22nd level (or whatever level Tanevir and Kalib ended up at). It may be we need to hit a target level of 20th level, and have everyone else level up to that.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange