Trithereon Domain

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
EvilGenius

Trithereon Domain

Post by EvilGenius »

One thought that came up when trying to design an Earth domain for Moraim, was that maybe gods could have Eponymous domains. Not a general Earth domain, but a specific domain for Ulaa.

So in that vein, what do you think of this proposal for a Trithereon domain? It's based on how I always played Kalib. I've tried very hard to balance the abilities against other domain powers, but I'm curious what you guys think. :P

Tritheron Domain:

Bonus Proficiencies: Brother to Nemound (Note: Nemound is Trithereon's bloodhound)
Choose two skills from: Investigate, Perception, Survival
Also gain proficiency with Long Sword or Thieves' Tools

(These proficiencies are designed to round out a character's 'investigation' and martial abilities)

Domain Spells:
1st
Hunter's Mark
Wrathful Smite
3rd
Augury
Locate Person
5th
Beacon of Hope
Counterspell
7th
Divination
Freedom of Movement
9th
Circle of Power
Dispel Evil/Good

Devotee of Liberty
Starting at 1st level, you gain a bonus equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1) to any saving throw against a magical effect from the Enchantment school.

Channel Divinity: Champion of Liberty
Starting at 2nd level, whenever you have to make a saving throw against mind-affecting magic, you can use your Channel Divinity to gain advantage on the roll.

Defender of Liberty
Starting at 6th level, whenever a creature within 30' of you must make a saving throw against an Enchantment effect, you can use your reaction to grant that creature a bonus on it's saving throw equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1).

Vengeful (Divine) Strike:
At 8th level, you gain the ability to infuse your weapon strikes with righteous Vengence. Once on each of your turns, when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 damage of the same type dealt by the weapon to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
(exactly the same as the war domain 8th level ability)

Justice Served
Starting at 17th level, when subjected to an Enchantment effect, you can choose to have the effect rebound to affect the originator instead. You can use this rebound ability a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier. You regain any uses after a long rest.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Trithereon Domain

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Much like the Earth Domain thread I'm just going refrain from commenting. Creating rules is not my thing... and I have plenty to learn for these high level games.