Proposal: New campaign Name

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
Hardcorhobbs

Proposal: New campaign Name

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So as I'm working on some of the campaign write-ups from the last few high level games we've played... Things have gotten a little complex. One is Khelez-Mar based, one is Blackrazors, and the rest are mixed. Now these game are meant to be mixed on purpose so everyone can play their favorite high level characters (unless those characters are vampires... sorry Damon).

So my proposal is that we spin this off into it's own campaign. It starts with the Nuke(m)Con 2016 sessions and will include all the high level adventures going forward. Basically, for a clean break and Wiki organization I think it just makes more sense. We can make new wiki pages to track various things (characters/resources/npcs/etc).

Thoughts? Suggestions on names?
EvilGenius

Re: Proposal: New campaign Name

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm thinking Legends.
For my personal use, I'm considering my Heart of Darkness part of my Legacy Series of adventures. The Soul Stones adventures were other adventures in the Legacy series. I'd like to follow up with another, different, 16-20th level series dubbed The Legends series.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Since I've mentioned it here, I am planning a series of adventures, the Legends series, to take place after HoD. What I'd like to do, and I think D&D needs, is create 3-4 adventure arcs focusing on specific Legendary mgical items, like. Holy Avenger or Staff of the Magi.

I think the problem with those type of items is that it feels wired putting them as random loot and then it feels wierd just having a holy Avenger around, you know? I'm thinking of adventures where you specifically quest for a known item that you need to accomplish a specific quest.

So in the first adventure you are presented with a dire threat. It is evident that you need special legendary magical item. You are able to find out where said item is.

Second adventure you go retrieve the item.

Third adventure you use the item to vanquish the big bad.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Ken? Nate? Anyone else?
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Does it need a name? The various characters will either go back into retirement, or return to one of the other campaigns after the high level playtests.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:Does it need a name? The various characters will either go back into retirement, or return to one of the other campaigns after the high level playtests.
For organizing principles, it's helpful to have a name. It sounds like we're probably going to have 6-8 adventures by the time we get to Woryx, so I think we're moving beyond simply playtesting and into limited campaign territory.

I could see two ways of doing it. First, we could just resurrect the Blackrazor Guild campaign. Most of the characters are in the guild or associated with it, and the recovery of Blackrazor *is* the driving impetus here, right? :)

If we want to be able easily refer to a a separate high-level primer and saga page (this would be helpful for me for blogging), then I'm thinking we name it something related to the Obsidian Tower -- many of our high level missions are tying into the Tower anyway.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

EvilGenius wrote:I'm thinking Legends.
For my personal use, I'm considering my Heart of Darkness part of my Legacy Series of adventures. The Soul Stones adventures were other adventures in the Legacy series. I'd like to follow up with another, different, 16-20th level series dubbed The Legends series.
I like this, though we should save that for your series.

While the Blackrazor guild is the driving force of this campaign... I see this is more of a side campaign. Much like the Redshirts campaign or Maure Castle. Half the characters are from other campaigns. Also, I recall the Blackrazor Saga page was starting to kick out messages about splitting the page.

Thought of a couple of names:

Road to Woryx

Tower Notes: CY 593

Tower Journal: CY 593

CY 593

Quest for the Sword

Tales from the Tower
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Tales from the Tower
I like this one.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'll pull it together.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »