Comic Book Titles

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
NukeHavoc

Comic Book Titles

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm planning on setting up a campaign blog for the Freedom City heroes campaign. I'm thinking of organizing it along the lines of comic book titles, so there would be a core "comic book" category containing the main adventure plots, and then subcategories for each PC, like standalone comic book titles spun off from the main title. Think "The Uncanny X-Men" and "Wolverine".

My question for you is ... what would the name of your character's comic book be? A comic book's title can say a lot about it's character -- e.g. "The Invincible Iron Man" or "The Incredible Hulk". A tag line to go with it would be even better.
Last edited by NukeHavoc on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Heh. This. Is. Awesome. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Heh. This. Is. Awesome. :)
Thanks. :) I'd love to come up with some way of generating comic book covers for the different titles as well. Maybe we could do some photoshop magic by reworking covers from existing titles; e.g. take an old Ironman comic, rework the colors a bit in photoshop, and then slap a new logo on it for Paladin: The Steel Crusader.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So I've been thinking about Paladin's "ComicBook" Title. I'd like the title to harken back to the days of comic book grandeur. So I'm thinking the Title will be something like,
"The Incredible Adventures of:
Paladin, the Techno-Knight!

And there would be plenty of phrases such as:

Thrill to the Awesome Ingenuity of Paladin, the Techno-Knight!
Paladin, The Peerless Principled Powerhouse!
The Sagacious Stalwart!
The Erudite Exemplar!