The Griffin's Crier

Discussion forums for the home of the Blackrazors
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lairs
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:21 pm 

Ken, there are rules in the M&M book regarding general equipment and vehichles and lairs and such.

I haven't looked at the lair rules too much, but they seem to be based on build points. How do you want to handle them? Do we need to pay for them out of our build points? Do we have lairs? Cars? General equipment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:27 pm 

kk. I freed up a few build points and Paladin now has a kick-ass lair!

For now, I'm going with the standard "abandoned warehouse" headquarters. It's difficult to find (+20 DC to search or knowledge checks to find the lair). It also has a pretty kick ass security system (Disable Device DC30 to overcome security).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:20 pm 

Cool. Looks like you answered your own question, which is yes, you can do all that. :) Which reminds me ... Maker needs some of that as well. Damn. I'm really going to have to scale back his minion spawning capabilities. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:45 pm 

NukeHavoc wrote:
Cool. Looks like you answered your own question, which is yes, you can do all that. :) Which reminds me ... Maker needs some of that as well. Damn. I'm really going to have to scale back his minion spawning capabilities. :)

Well, Maker IS a villian. You could always make him Power Level 11 or 12, giving you some more points to play with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:32 pm 

OK, mister GM, here's my equipment question:

I see how in the rules all sorts of equipment can be had using equipment points gained from taking the Equipment feat. This makes sense for all sorts of special things, from secret underground lairs to batmobiles to JLA-style communicators, etc. However, it also seems to include normal everyday type equipment. Does it really mean that if I want my character to have a cell phone, or a regular car, or a normal apartment, that I need to take the Equipment feat? What if his normal identity has a job - couldn't I have just purchased said normal items?

Let me know...