Infinity Storm: The Campaign Blog

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
NukeHavoc

Infinity Storm: The Campaign Blog

Post by NukeHavoc »

The blog for the Mutants & Masterminds campaign, which I'm calling "Infinity Storm", is up:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/

So is the first issue of the first volume, entitled "Heatwave".
(I expect there will be three volumes in all, but we'll see how it goes)

* Infinity Storm: Issue #0: "A Distant Star"

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... -star.html

This differs from the Constant Sentinel in that this is a campaign management blog, containing adventure notes from our sessions, solo play-by-post for individual characters, and supplemental materials.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hey Ken, how do you (or can you) edit the blog posts? The character bio wasn't quite finished. There are a few places where I made notes for further development, like [more history stuff here]. :)

Just wondering if we could clean it up a bit.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Hey Ken, how do you (or can you) edit the blog posts? The character bio wasn't quite finished. There are a few places where I made notes for further development, like [more history stuff here]. :)
Just wondering if we could clean it up a bit.
I need to play around with that tonight. I should be able to grant you access through your evilgenius gmail account.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Scratch that. I just sent an invite to edit the blog to your gmail account. Approve it and we'll see what we can see.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I've sent invites to everyone for whom I had a gmail account, which is:

Nate
Lance
Cory
Damon
Bob

I don't think Jon has one; someone correct me if I'm wrong. Once you respond, I can give you admin rights.

Please be careful; admin rights allows you edit everyone's post, but also gives you the ability to delete the blog, and it's a pain to get deleted blogs back.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

cool, thanks! I've edited the post a little. I still need a bit of work on the end, making the transition from inventor to hero. but i'd like to read the source book a bit more.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Turbo #0
http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/06/turbo-0.html

Flynn #0
http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/06/flynn-0.html

Dragoon #0
http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... oon-0.html

On the blog front: I approved Nate, so he's in. Still waiting on Cory and Damon to approve their invites (post if you didn't get yours).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

When you have a chance (you meaning the group) I'd appreciate it if you could update your character's Issue #0 with a stat block summarizing your character's abilities. That'd help me considerably when working on the campaign and trying to figure out appropriate challenges.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

BTW, in case you missed it, Lance has posted Spirit of Youth #0:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... uth-0.html
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Also, I added onto the end of my issue 0 to tell of Paladin's first metahuman encounter.

And a statblock of some sort, hmm? Uhhhh, you want me to send you a copy of the 7 page spreadsheet? :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Also, I added onto the end of my issue 0 to tell of Paladin's first metahuman encounter.

And a statblock of some sort, hmm? Uhhhh, you want me to send you a copy of the 7 page spreadsheet? :)
In your case, just try and sum up -- Defense, with the armor, Attack with Blast, your typical ability scores and stats, a summarizing blurb of each of your your robot minions, etc.

And yeah, you an e-mail me your spreadsheet as well (or add it to Google Docs)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

CRIKEY! No wonder you think mutants and masterminds is too complex. I figured my powers out using a 1/4 sheet of paper. Then I just wiggled my stats to fit. But 7 pages worth of powers? Yeah, that might take a bit :P
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:CRIKEY! No wonder you think mutants and masterminds is too complex. I figured my powers out using a 1/4 sheet of paper. Then I just wiggled my stats to fit. But 7 pages worth of powers? Yeah, that might take a bit :P
Well, my character was sheet 1, but i took the minions and equipment feats also. so sheets 2-6 are my minions, sheet 7 is my headquarters. Then I added a combat summary sheet at the beginning to quickly figure my combat bonuses for various situations. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:CRIKEY! No wonder you think mutants and masterminds is too complex. I figured my powers out using a 1/4 sheet of paper. Then I just wiggled my stats to fit. But 7 pages worth of powers? Yeah, that might take a bit :P
Yeah, exactly. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Cory,

You now have admin access to the Infinity Storm blog.