9/14/07: Infinity Storm #1 - Lightning Crashes

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
NukeHavoc

9/14/07: Infinity Storm #1 - Lightning Crashes

Post by NukeHavoc »

Previously in the pages of ... Infinity Storm

We were introduced to a new generation of heroes in Freedom City, including the rock-like Gray, the Goth teen Spirit of Youth, the pizza-delivering speedster Turbo, the techno-knight Paladin and the man out of time, Dragoon.

The heroes saved jumbojet from certain destruction after one of its engines caught on fire, rescued two children from a burning inferno that consumed an abandoned warehouse and defeated two members of the Factor Four -- Granite and Sylph. The former was knocked unconscious and taken into custody by the city's STAR Squad; the other escaped into the depths of the wharf district.

And now ... Issue #1: Lightning Crashes

It has been a troubling week in the City of Heroes. The proto-heatwave of late June has transformed into the real thing, sending temperatures into the low 100s and straining the city's power grid to the breaking point. Rolling blackouts are commonplace, and there is no relief in sight, despite nightly thunderstorms that have shaken the city to its bedrock.

As the sun dawns on July 5, Granite remains in Blackstone Prison. No one has seen his three Factor Four cohorts, but speculation is high that they are somewhere in the city. A rash of locked-room burglaries -- in which jewelry is stolen without the locks on their stores being broken, their alarms being triggered, or their cameras caching sight of anything -- have people speculating that the villain Downtime might be back in the city.

But it's the heat that's on everyone's mind. It's the heat that has tempers short. And it's the heat that may be the city's greatest enemy this summer.

You have five days to do what you like in the city, so feel free to post what you'd like to have done between the big fight and tomorrow night's session.

Lance, feel free to post as well -- we can handle Lilly's actions out of game.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

After the events in issue zero, Dragoon takes some time to review his tactics. He was too slow to aid with the falling plane, and he didn't get to the battle with the Factor Four until the end. Bound and determined he calls into his job and takes a few personal days. After packing a few things in his apartment, he gets on the train and heads home. His mission: finally get his star skipper into working order; or at least make it run.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So, once again, cool story Ken. :)

Are you thinking that for the next session, we're picking up right where we left off?

Or are we going to skip forward a few days?

Either way, Paladin is going to whistle up a few of his minions to come out and spy/patrol Freedom City during the power outage. Gemini will accompany me if we're heading out to the former prison.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I've finished the adventure notes for Issue #1:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... ashes.html

Feel free to login and edit the entry as needed; this is based on my notes and recollections, and I may have taken a little dramatic license in places. :)

XP: 1 power point per character.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange