Extra Holiday Issues

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
Hardcorhobbs

Extra Holiday Issues

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So for those nights where we can't all get together, or other things (mepacon) I'm proposing to run a few adventures. I figure it will allow me to try my hand at running M&M, Ken the chance to play, and the group the ability to try other builds/powers/rules.

So I figure best setting to do that is the Golden Age of Comics! A time where story arcs were rare, powers were not fully defined (causing changes from issue to issue), and backgrounds could be really lame (blood transfusion with a mongoose gives you superspeed?!?!). Best part is, no-one cared! The comic code wasn't set yet and the kids reading the books were not so concerned with previous events.

So I think this would be the perfect thing for a one shot, or a few adventures. Each would be self contained, and if someone didn't like a character or wanted to try a few ideas, no problem! So if you guys are up for it, I have a few ideas we'll just have to decide which to go with and we'll build from there.
erilar

Post by erilar »

[Grumble, grumble] If there's any out-of-campaign free time, it aughta be spent playing *&@#$ board games! [Grumble, rant]

That mumbled, I have nothing against you running some M&M, Cory.

Board games. More. Of them. Dammit.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:[Grumble, grumble] If there's any out-of-campaign free time, it aughta be spent playing *&@#$ board games! [Grumble, rant]

That mumbled, I have nothing against you running some M&M, Cory.

Board games. More. Of them. Dammit.
Well specifically the Friday night before mepacon (which is the main night I'm proposing) you won't be around to play anyway. So if we played board games you'd feel left out. See I'm looking out for you ;-) This is only for the nights most of the group is away and we can't play Ken's M&M or Ravenloft.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Ahh, I don't mind you running some M&M at all. Just feeling a general lack of any board gaming around here lately.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Well just so you know I wasn't trying to trump boardgames. I just saw some inevitable holes that are upcoming with the holidays and what not. This would be good for those nights where you and Ken are out, or we're down to a small crew. Specifically it sounded like on 11/2 Ken didn't want to run his M&M campaign and you'd be out. So this is an idea to fill the gap.