The Constant Sentinel

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
NukeHavoc

The Constant Sentinel

Post by NukeHavoc »

I've launched the first blog for the upcoming Mutants & Masterminds campaign:

* The Constant Sentinel
http://theconstantsentinel.blogspot.com/

It's an in-character blog written by Infinity Lord, an arrogant, geeky muckraker who thinks he knows everything about Freedom City's supers community. He's hates the Freedom League (think Avengers) because they recently (well, 2005) moved their main headquarters to an orbiting space station named the Lighthouse, and he's been acting as a booster for emerging heroes ever since the League left.

I plan on posting the publicly known information about people's back stories to the blog, as I already did with Gray. I'm also using the blog to relay key elements of Freedom City history, such as the Terminus Invasion, which is discussed in the post "Centurion: Earth's Deadest Hero". Where possible, I'll be posting images to go along with the blog entries so we have an idea of what the heroes/villains look like.

I created a dummy Google Gmail account to post under for this blog; feel free to respond to any of the posts, but do so "in character" -- so LancerX might reply, but he should be replying as a fictional citizen of Freedom City's world, not as a player.

I'd love to see some other "contributors" to the blog; if anyone wants to join up, just create a secondary Google account, let me know what it is, and I'll give you posting rights.

While this blog won't be the official record of the campaign, I do plan to post recaps of public events as seen through Infinity Lord's skewed mind. The blog will certainly follow our new heroes, but you can also expect to see this as a source of news and happenings within Freedom City itself.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

So Bob's been posting (thank you very much!) but what do the rest of you think of this blog? Like it? Hate it? Don't have time to read it? Is it succeeding in my goal of giving background about Freedom City in a way that isn't a total infodump?
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Ken, I think you've really outdone yourself with the new dual-blog for this campaign, and I love it. I haven't created gmail accounts yet (plan on doing that tonight) and once I do, I'll be posting as well.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I love it! Just too many projects at once!!! ;-) (I figure actually having a character is more important at this stage) :P
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thanks -- I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. Organizing the campaign this way is proving to be a lot of fun for me as well. :)

Speaking of which ... the Freedom League:

http://theconstantsentinel.blogspot.com ... 62607.html
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

New Constant Sentinel Poll:

Is the Freedom League inviting doom upon us all by investigating the Far Star?
http://theconstantsentinel.blogspot.com/

Look for the poll in the right-hand sidebar.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Very, very cool, Ken. Don't take my silence as disinterest.

This weather - low pressure, rising humidity - is typically bad news for me, and as usual I spent yesterday puking and sleeping due to a bad sinus headache.

Will get back to preparing for Friday when I can.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Very, very cool, Ken. Don't take my silence as disinterest.
This weather - low pressure, rising humidity - is typically bad news for me, and as usual I spent yesterday puking and sleeping due to a bad sinus headache. Will get back to preparing for Friday when I can.
No problem -- just wanted to make sure it was proving useful so I knew it was worth doing. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Daily Word: Strange Orbs Seen in Green Bank, The Fens
http://theconstantsentinel.blogspot.com ... green.html
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Look, Up in the Air ... It's a Green/Yellow ... Something
http://theconstantsentinel.blogspot.com ... ellow.html
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »