Freedom City Teamups Present: The Brains and the Brawn!

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
Hardcorhobbs

Freedom City Teamups Present: The Brains and the Brawn!

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

"Paladin? Dragoon here. Just wanted to thank you for your help with my "situation". Turns out I have a latent mutant gene which just activated. The Doctor gave me something to help keep it in check. I'll just have to be careful. But thanks again for the help."

Since I imagine there will be some talk back and forth, I figure we'll start it here, then condense it on the blog.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

"Paladin, you there?"
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

"Sorry Dragoon. I've been working on some upgrades to my armor for the last few days (I think it was only a few days. How long ago did you see me last?).

"A latent mutagenic gene, hmm? We'll have to monitor that closely. If you'd like, I have very sophisticated medical scanning devices here in my lab. I'd recommend scans every two weeks at the most.

"I've got my Sherlock's out looking for the prison escapees. Do you have any availability to help track them down?"
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Gray, pressing the little red button Paladin put in his cell: "Hello? Hello? Who is this? I'm trying to reach my voicemail. Are you the operator? Hello? Heellooooo?"

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Gray, pressing the little red button Paladin put in his cell: "Hello? Hello? Who is this? I'm trying to reach my voicemail. Are you the operator? Hello? Heellooooo?"

Damon.
Paladin thinks to himself, "Dammit, I'm going to have to alter these phones so that I can contact them but they can't initiate contact with me".

To Gray, in my best operator voice: "Please hold while I connect you to your voicemail". Then I re-route his call to 911, knowing that they can trace his call back to him and will send the police to his location even if he says it was an accidental connection.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

"I was going to propose exactly that. You seem to have connections I do not, and we seem to work well together. Perhaps one of your androids and I can patrol things and call you when needed. This way the android can also look after me should something happen. I do not wish to harm anyone else.

Speaking of, have you heard any further about the young boy? Is he alright?"
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Speaking of, have you heard any further about the young boy? Is he alright?"
OOC: Paladin, you know that the boy has remained in a deep coma since the incident. You might learn more about his condition if you hacked his medical records or talked to his mother.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

After learning the boy is in a coma, Dragoon will head to the hospital in his civies assuming I'm back to "normal"? He'll pick up a teddy bear at a toy store on the way. When he gets to the hospital his explanation is he was at the library when it happened and he wanted to bring the kid a gift. He heard at the library the kid was still here. I'm sure Paladin can find the name of the kid in the files for me (if he didn't already know).
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:After learning the boy is in a coma, Dragoon will head to the hospital in his civies assuming I'm back to "normal"? He'll pick up a teddy bear at a toy store on the way. When he gets to the hospital his explanation is he was at the library when it happened and he wanted to bring the kid a gift. He heard at the library the kid was still here. I'm sure Paladin can find the name of the kid in the files for me (if he didn't already know).
I certainly relay the info to Dragoon.

I also respond back to Lily's email.

"This is Paladin. I hear that you were looking for me. The police were a little freaked out. What can I do for you?"
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:After learning the boy is in a coma, Dragoon will head to the hospital in his civies assuming I'm back to "normal"? He'll pick up a teddy bear at a toy store on the way. When he gets to the hospital his explanation is he was at the library when it happened and he wanted to bring the kid a gift. He heard at the library the kid was still here. I'm sure Paladin can find the name of the kid in the files for me (if he didn't already know).
GM Response: The boy's name is Timmy Whitefield. He's at Freedom Hospital (I'll need to check on the exact name of the hospital; I forgot to bring my FC book to work ... one more reason to get the PDF...)

Paladin informs you that Timmy is presently in serious but stable condition in the hospital's Pediatric wing and is still in a coma. Access to that wing is restrict to parents, guardians and close friends of the family (who must be accompanied by a parent or guardian).
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Dragoon will still follow through with his plans. He'll try and give the bear to a family member since he won't be allowed in. He'll also see what else he can find out from them, symptoms, etc. He is concerned and wants to find out as much as possible so he can go talk to Dr. Albright. It is afterall, though an accident, his fault.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Issue #1, including Lily's dialogue, is up on Infinity Storm:

http://infinitystorm.blogspot.com/2007/ ... s-and.html