Medic! (Or how ranks in Medicine can save your bacon)

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
NukeHavoc

Medic! (Or how ranks in Medicine can save your bacon)

Post by NukeHavoc »

So last night we ended up with several characters stunned and one character unconscious from last night's battle with White Knight and the tenement inferno.

While reading through the M&M FAQ, I came across a reference to the Medicine skill, and what it can do for you. Specifically, you can make a DC 15 Medicine check as a full-round action to revive someone who is dazed, stunned or unconscious. The successful check removes one condition.

Now, we don't actually *have* anyone with the Medicine skill (actually, I think one of Bob's droids does) but if we did, it would be helpful in a fight.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, one of Paladin's minions, Ovid, has 15 ranks or something in Medicine. And Paladin has the ability to regenerate from stun and unconscious.

'cause he's cool like that. 8) :P
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Thus proving that the reason why Bob has such a great understanding of the rules is that his character uses about half of them. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Thus proving that the reason why Bob has such a great understanding of the rules is that his character uses about half of them. :)
Heh. That's what a 6 month build time will do for you .....
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I thought it was far. I was out of the encounter, but after a minute I get to start rolling to recover. We often overlook the fact that its only a minute, especially during a 30 sec combat that took 2 hours ;-)